Hit in the mouth :(

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

HeyKay1991

Hit in the mouth :(

#1 Post by HeyKay1991 »

Thursday night, my dog was playing and he hit me square in the bracket of my front tooth. It didn't hurt at the time. I checked to make sure nothing was broken or wiggly. Friday, I noticed my tooth is really sore up in the gum/bone area and my tooth makes a bit of a creaking/cracking noise that seems to come and go. I'm wondering if I didn't push the tooth out of line a little and I hope I didn't fracture it. I feel no pain if I bite down on the tooth. Just soreness around the gum. Has anyone else had an incident like this? What came of it? I'm going to my ortho on Wednesday so I will get her to look at it.

Nozzelnut

Re: Hit in the mouth :(

#2 Post by Nozzelnut »

For the most part, if it's not grossly out of place and doesn't start to turn colors; ie grey, you're probably ok.

The good news is having braces probably allowed it to give more than teeth without braces and undergoing treatment; the bad news is could be holding a broken tooth in place giving the appearance everything is ok.
Round 3 (lifetime) Damon stainless applied 3/16/20 (after 4 weeks attempting invisalign) On for about 18 months
Night time elastics with invisalign retainers; still...
Double jaw surgery was 6/18/15...
Orthodontics never really ends...
I'm emphatically against extraction orthodontics!

HeyKay1991

#3 Post by HeyKay1991 »

Yeah, my front two teeth have been the most sensitive with my braces because they are the ones that needed the most moving. It wasn't even a hard hit! I will get my ortho to take a look at it wednesday without the wire in. I already have a dentist appointment scheduled to change dentists anyway on the 31st of March so if the ortho sees concern I already have my bases covered at least.

orchid

#4 Post by orchid »

I accidentally hit myself. I was using my waterpik and bent down toward the sink so that the bottom of the waterpik hit the sink. The waterpik then hit the wire between my lower front teeth REALLY HARD. After that, my teeth hurt more than the others, but it did pass after a week or so. I wasn't that worried to be honest :)

HeyKay1991

#5 Post by HeyKay1991 »

orchid wrote:I accidentally hit myself. I was using my waterpik and bent down toward the sink so that the bottom of the waterpik hit the sink. The waterpik then hit the wire between my lower front teeth REALLY HARD. After that, my teeth hurt more than the others, but it did pass after a week or so. I wasn't that worried to be honest :)
Ouch!! I imagine that hurt! My dog was trying to lick my face and he was all excited and whacked me in the bracket. I'm glad you turned out ok! I hope I do too!

Nozzelnut

#6 Post by Nozzelnut »

I can completely understand the excited dog thing. A couple weeks ago I bent over to pet my dog when she was outside; and she lifted her head into my nose. An audible crack, some pain, some tears and blood. I'm pretty sure she broke my nose.
Round 3 (lifetime) Damon stainless applied 3/16/20 (after 4 weeks attempting invisalign) On for about 18 months
Night time elastics with invisalign retainers; still...
Double jaw surgery was 6/18/15...
Orthodontics never really ends...
I'm emphatically against extraction orthodontics!

HeyKay1991

#7 Post by HeyKay1991 »

Nozzelnut wrote:I can completely understand the excited dog thing. A couple weeks ago I bent over to pet my dog when she was outside; and she lifted her head into my nose. An audible crack, some pain, some tears and blood. I'm pretty sure she broke my nose.
Ouch!!!!! Done that before too except someone kicked me in the nose by accident when we were swimming in a pool! And then I dropped my ipad on my nose...