New member: 27 and getting braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cdmoses6

Re: New member: 27 and getting braces

#16 Post by cdmoses6 »

Yay for a start date!!! Only 8 days away! It will be here before you know it :) Are you actually getting braces that day or just a records appointment? I would be wary of getting a cleaning on the same day you get your braces. It's different for everyone, but I think it would be very uncomfortable. Best of luck to you! Hope everything goes well! :jump:
Braces on March 6th, 2015
Metal Empower self-ligating brackets, upper and lower
Class II, Division II overbite with crowding
Upper 2nd premolars extracted May 1st, 2015
First Powerchain and Class II Manatee Elastics June 15th, 2015
TADs placed July 27th, 2015
Box Manatee Elastics April 1st, 2016
Teeth shaping May 4th, 2016

My Progress: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48229

lollypop

#17 Post by lollypop »

Oh no, it's just for xrays and impressions. No braces yet. Also just had my finance approved so yeyyyy! :-D
Brackets go on 01/06/2015

Visit my blog: adultinbraces.wordpress.com

EWUgal15

#18 Post by EWUgal15 »

It doesn't matter that your cleaning is after the x-rays and molds. Its will probably be better actually. Any remaining mold gunk will get cleaned off.

kelly88

#19 Post by kelly88 »

I'm 27 and getting braces in June. I was worried about telling people I was getting them too! Good luck :D

4foot10

#20 Post by 4foot10 »

I am 31 and got braced last Aug. Time seems to fly by and you'll be impressed with how soon you start to see things start to move! Don't be nervous, you are one step closer to awesomeness!

ferh

#21 Post by ferh »

I'm 30 and I got my ceramic braces 7 months ago.

Before I got them I was considering getting lingual braces because I was soooo afraid of looking stupid/ugly with braces as an adult. I was convinced I'd never wear normal/visible braces but then I decided to get over myself and go with the ceramic braces. It's been a great decision so far! I'm very happy I got braces even at my age, in a few more months I'll be done and I'll have a great smile. My confidence when smiling has gone up 100% even with braces on... before I always covered my mouth when I smiled/laughed but I love smiling now.

Good luck with whichever braces you're getting, you won't regret it!

Speckla

#22 Post by Speckla »

I'm 42 years old and has braces placed a few days ago