Vertical error? So frustrated.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

DoctoraBella

Vertical error? So frustrated.

#1 Post by DoctoraBella »

I have been pretty convinced for months now that my Ortho tech placed my bracket on my right lower incisor too far gingival ky (vertical error) leading to extrusion of this tooth. It was quite obvious at my initial bracketing that this bracket was lower down than the others, but my teeth were perfectly the same length there. I've mentioned this before but as this tooth has extruded further I am getting more concerned. I would also like to post some photos for feedback. I just had my second wire change. My ortho said something like "yeah we will have to do something about that tooth" but didn't specify what. I swear she uses the chair to her advantage- If you muck around in someone's mouth then they have to stop talking! Should I demand that she explain to me what happened and if this was a mistake? I'd also like to know if/how this will affect my treatment time.

Thanks so much.

DoctoraBella

Re: Vertical error? So frustrated.

#2 Post by DoctoraBella »

Here's a before photo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DoctoraBella

#3 Post by DoctoraBella »

Here's after
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DoctoraBella

#4 Post by DoctoraBella »

Here's another example where you can see the right lower incisor is extruded.

stephcsun

#5 Post by stephcsun »

I see what you are saying and that is something that the oath may have done wrong..specially if they also noticed it. It doesn't look that obvious or bad, but if it was an error they should fix it a soon as they can. I have a similar concern as you do but mine is one of my top teeth that I feel may have also had the bracket placed in the wrong spot and has made that tooth extrude..since in older photos it was they same length as my other teeth and now it isn't.

I hope it can be fixed and that it is not a huge deal.