30 and metal braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Mama lindz

30 and metal braces

#1 Post by Mama lindz »

I just got these bad boys on the 6th. They are mini brackets, and my estimated time if treatment is 18/24 months . They will be putting a TAD anchor in my gums to pull the back molar forward. (Instead of an implant). I just have my lowers on now, with spacers and my uppers will go on the 17th after my two permanent crowns are placed. I've had crowding and uneven teeth my whole life! I'm excited although it feels strange in my mouth! My boys think its cool and funny that mom has braces :) I opted for the metal because they are less bulky and effective! I can't wait to skim through all the treads and read how everyone is doing . I'm also doing a video blog about my braces http://youtu.be/EInQXkgQESg. Hooray for straight teeth!!

djspeece

Re: 30 and metal braces

#2 Post by djspeece »

Congratulations and welcome to the club!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

cdmoses6

#3 Post by cdmoses6 »

I have to get TAD's too!! They sound scary to me (and everyone I describe them to) but from what I've read they won't be so bad. What point in your treatment will you be getting them? I have to get two upper premolars pulled, then the TADs will hold my molars in place, while they pull the rest of my teeth back to meet them to fix my overbite.
Braces on March 6th, 2015
Metal Empower self-ligating brackets, upper and lower
Class II, Division II overbite with crowding
Upper 2nd premolars extracted May 1st, 2015
First Powerchain and Class II Manatee Elastics June 15th, 2015
TADs placed July 27th, 2015
Box Manatee Elastics April 1st, 2016
Teeth shaping May 4th, 2016

My Progress: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48229

bjohnson207

#4 Post by bjohnson207 »

Congrats on joining the club. You will rock it!

nickblitz

#5 Post by nickblitz »

[quote="cdmoses6"]I have to get TAD's too!! They sound scary to me (and everyone I describe them to) but from what I've read they won't be so bad. What point in your treatment will you be getting them? I have to get two upper premolars pulled, then the TADs will hold my molars in place, while they pull the rest of my teeth back to meet them to fix my overbite.[/quote]

How is it? Have you gotten the TADs in your mouth already????

cdmoses6

#6 Post by cdmoses6 »

Nope not yet!! I should be getting them on June 15th! So still about a month away. I will definitely write about my experience once I get them though! :D
Braces on March 6th, 2015
Metal Empower self-ligating brackets, upper and lower
Class II, Division II overbite with crowding
Upper 2nd premolars extracted May 1st, 2015
First Powerchain and Class II Manatee Elastics June 15th, 2015
TADs placed July 27th, 2015
Box Manatee Elastics April 1st, 2016
Teeth shaping May 4th, 2016

My Progress: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48229

ditsy

#7 Post by ditsy »

:D kids seem to love braces! My daughter is 6 and her and her friends are obsessed with my mouth! They like choosing the colour bands I have...although the other day err went to the fair and Ivy said she didn't want me to go on the rides because she thought they would fall off! Xx

Melissa0131

#8 Post by Melissa0131 »

Congrats and welcome !