Wiggling tooth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Nrod0608

Wiggling tooth

#1 Post by Nrod0608 »

Has anyone experienced a single tooth wiggling while having braces in? It is literally making me sooo uneasy!

My braces were put in on December 11,2014

Bracesat57

Re: Wiggling tooth

#2 Post by Bracesat57 »

I don't know how wiggly your tooth is but I have had several feel wiggly when they are on the move. I just try not to push them with my tongue or finger. They firm back up and then another one will start.
They seem to take turns at moving.

If you think it is a problem always consult with your ortho.

Braces installed October 2, 2014
Braces removed May 17, 2016

Nrod0608

#3 Post by Nrod0608 »

Great thank you soo much....I will definitely double check with my ortho....

sirwired

#4 Post by sirwired »

A wiggly tooth happens to pretty much everybody at one point or another... it's nothing to worry about.

Mylovedtheeth

#5 Post by Mylovedtheeth »

if something's bothered me I've always checked with my otho. sometimes he said there's nothing to worry about, sometimes he was saying its good I came but always he has making some changes to make me feel more comfortable.
I'm debraced after 2 rears and 1 weak of treatment.

NYG2007

#6 Post by NYG2007 »

It's normal to have teeth that become loose.
Braces worn for 2 Years 4 Days

Blog: http://nygbracesjourney.blogspot.com/

NeilH

#7 Post by NeilH »

Nrod0608 wrote:Has anyone experienced a single tooth wiggling while having braces in? It is literally making me sooo uneasy!

My braces were put in on December 11,2014
I had the same for a while. One of my molars became very loose so I went in for an emergency appointment as I was worried that all wasn't well. You could push it quite far over and it felt like it would simply pop out if pushed too far. My ortho had a look and advised to leave it for a while. As I progressed through stiffer wires, it moved less but still took many months to finally re-root itself. In so far as slightly loose teeth that click when you gently move them, I think you will find this is quite normal for most people. If you are still concerned, I would advise you to get it checked out.