Scared to get my braces off :/ any tips?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

touchofhiddencharm

Scared to get my braces off :/ any tips?

#1 Post by touchofhiddencharm »

I get my braces off this Friday dec 5th and im afraid that my teeth aren't ready. Anyone else feel like this?! Will post pics below. Please let me know If I'm being over critical or if they look fine. Any reassuring tips to help me relax? Thanks and good luck to everyone
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheProfessor

Re: Scared to get my braces off :/ any tips?

#2 Post by TheProfessor »

I think your teeth look good-- but you should talk to your ortho about your concerns before your braces come off. I've noticed that a lot of people report that their teeth get evened out by the ortho before debanding, for example. I'm looking forward to that part, my front teeth have weird deep notches that I really notice now that I stare at my teeth all the time since I got braced 8 months ago. Good luck with your appointment, keep us posted on what happens!
Braces installed on March 25, 2014: Damon clears on top and metal on bottom.
I had braces for 25 months!

djspeece

#3 Post by djspeece »

Your teeth look great.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

KatrinkaNoir

#4 Post by KatrinkaNoir »

They look fantastic!

touchofhiddencharm

#5 Post by touchofhiddencharm »

Thanks everyone! He told me that they will even out the ridges and shape them up nicely so maybe they'll look a lot different after that. I've also heard that your teeth "settle" and usually look a lot better after a couple months of having them off. I will post a picture when they come off.

Matilda

#6 Post by Matilda »

This past September, after over 2 years, I was scheduled to be debraced but I chickened out! :oops: :shock: It's December now, 3 months later and I'm still in braces. :oops: :shock: