Toothbrush bristle stuck in my bracket!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

HeyKay1991

Toothbrush bristle stuck in my bracket!

#1 Post by HeyKay1991 »

Today after lunch, I was brushing my teeth when a bristle got caught on my bracket. This has happened before but usually I gently pull and it comes right out. Well today, it was stubborn so I pulled on it with a little more force, and the whole bristle came out and is now stuck IN a little hole in my bracket. It won't budge! Anybody got any tips on how to get it out?

TMJJill

Re: Toothbrush bristle stuck in my bracket!

#2 Post by TMJJill »

Try some sharp sturdy tweezers. I kept some handy with me during much of my treatment. They can fix a lot of things that happen with the braces.

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

beckyboo0205

#3 Post by beckyboo0205 »

ughh this happened to me once! It was stuck right in the front and I couldn't get it with my fingers. I was at work so didn't necessarily have a pair of nice tweezers available... sadly I got desperate and went into our fish lab and used a dirty pair of tweezers that I know have been used on fish! Got it though.

TheProfessor

#4 Post by TheProfessor »

I had a toothbrush that kept doing this when I was on vacation in Portugal. Tweezers are the only way to get them out. Then throw away the toothbrush--once the bristles start coming out in brackets it keeps getting worse...
Braces installed on March 25, 2014: Damon clears on top and metal on bottom.
I had braces for 25 months!

djspeece

#5 Post by djspeece »

A hemostat works very well too which is what I use.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

HeyKay1991

#6 Post by HeyKay1991 »

I did end up using tweezers to get it out. I was so miserable! Thanks guys!