14 days and counting!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

boodles8

14 days and counting!

#1 Post by boodles8 »

Well, it's official: after one year of braces followed by jaw surgery and another year of braces, they are coming off. I have a deband date scheduled, and even I am happy with my bite. I am also pretty happy with my smile. I have one complaint, but my ortho says the tooth is strangely shaped, and he can't fix it.

I am going on a no-flossing spree, that is, if I can stand to. I've gotten so used to clean teeth that I'll see how it goes. May I never whine about the inconvenience of flossing again.

What do you guys think I should I eat to celebrate (after they're off, of course)? I don't care for popcorn.
Boodles8

Braced July, 2012
BSSO August, 2013
Debraced October 2, 2014

jem

Re: 14 days and counting!

#2 Post by jem »

Whole apples, corn on the cob, spare ribs, pizza with stringy cheese......

Enjoy!

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

gramma2xander

#3 Post by gramma2xander »

Congrats, mine are coming off October 9, first thing I want is corn on the cob :D

Anna5

#4 Post by Anna5 »

Congratulations on having a debanding date!
Lots of chewing gum and hard chocolate would be my favorites one day my braces come off!

Beebop

#5 Post by Beebop »

Nice one Boodles - I think it will just be nice to not thinking about them anymore and wondering if you've got food stuck after eating anything! I think I'd have some toffee on the way home from the ortho :gavel: