Leeds dental hospital?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LillyS

Leeds dental hospital?

#1 Post by LillyS »

Hi everyone I'm new here and this is my first post.
I have been referred to Leeds dental hospital for my treatment with braces and likely surgery to correct my overjet. Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences of this place? :)

LillyS

Re: Leeds dental hospital?

#2 Post by LillyS »

Anyone?

Langers00

#3 Post by Langers00 »

Are you talking about Leeds in the UK? I dont think there are too many people from the UK on here (although i have seen a few more recently - myself included!)

To answer your question though - no! :lol: I havent heard of any opinions on Leeds Dental Hospital. I'm sure it will be fine though. A quick online search found this review:

I attended for an appointment in the Oral Surgery Department and then again for a minor oral procedure. My own care was excellent but I have to commend the kindness of all staff that I witnessed on both occasions to those less fortunate than myself, who obviously had cancer and more serious pathology .

I am a doctor myself and cannot commend the staff highly enough for the respect and kindness shown to the patients, some of whom were very unwell and in severe pain .

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 20 August 2014

cs2thecox

#4 Post by cs2thecox »

I'm a Brit, but in London... sorry!
There are a handful of us on here, but not sure anyone's in the Leeds area.

LillyS

#5 Post by LillyS »

Thanks for the replies. Just doing my research I have my first consult on Tuesday and just putting some feelers out :P Excited isn't the word!

kitkat1

#6 Post by kitkat1 »

HI, i'm in west yorkshire as well, but in Bradford. Sorry, can't help you with any information about Leeds dental hospital, but just wanted to wish you luck on Tuesday!

Mightymildred

#7 Post by Mightymildred »

Get yourself off to the Roberts Harry clinic in Harrogate.
I despise Dental Hospitals.

LillyS

#8 Post by LillyS »

I'm a student so I'm not in a position to go private or else I would do, plus I'm very likely to need surgery too :( my overbite is a mighty 11mm and will only be reduced to 7mm at the best with braces I found out at Clarendons in Leeds who actually referred me to the dental hospital.

kitkat1

#9 Post by kitkat1 »

Hi,
I'm not going to a dental hospital, but am being treated in the orthodontic department of my local hospital, and so far the care has been great. I personally wouldn't worry a bit about it not being private. The waiting times might be a bit longer but the care will be up to standard.

LillyS

#10 Post by LillyS »

Hi thanks for the reply kitkat. I went today for my consult. Very impressed so far they were very friendly and explained everything, I even met what would be my surgeon so I'm not too worried about it. It all looked extremely clean too(I have a bit of a thing about hospitals they creep me out)