What will your celebration be?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kathydell

Re: What will your celebration be?

#16 Post by kathydell »

You guys are gonna hate me. I had a huge list of things I wanted to eat the day my braces came off - starting with Fritos! I was debraced on Wednesday and I have to confess I've been too scared to eat anything on my list! My girlfriend gave me a box of toffee from a local awesome candy store and I can't even bring myself to open it. The Essix retainer takes a little getting used to and for me it's made my top teeth a little sore so I'm afraid of things like that candy apple from the fair I so desperately wanted. I think by next week I'll be better and I will work my way quickly through that list.

parsleysage

#17 Post by parsleysage »

Popcorn for sure! I generally don't crave it or even eat it that much but now that I can't have it I am fiending for it lol! Agree with the others, it would have to be movie popcorn.

Caramel apple with nuts!!!!!!!!!!!

Snickers bar - I've done a Snickers ice cream bar (very carefully) but the real thing is chewier & gooier.

Chips & salsa - I eat these now, but you have to eat them so carefully that it's almost too annoying to be worth it.

FLOSSING!!!! haha I will be soooo happy to floss normally once these things are off. I will floss three times a day in celebration.

bracesjack

#18 Post by bracesjack »

I want to bite into a caramel/chocolate nut covered candy apple! Also anything colorful that I've been avoiding to prevent from staining my clear braces.. such as red wine!. I still have a long ways to go though.... :T

clearlybracedmomma23

#19 Post by clearlybracedmomma23 »

I'm getting a big bag of cool ranch doritos, a snickers bar and skittles and of course go out to somewhere for dinner to celebrate and eat with a normal mouth for the first time in forever :HugeGrin: its still two more years before any of that happens but something to absolutely look forward to in the mean time!

jaime

#20 Post by jaime »

Movie popcorn, or anything from Kernels!
Tootsie rolls
Caramel apple lollipop (anyone know the things I'm talking about?)

I've been eating nachos and potato chips the whole time without a problem. It is interesting to see what "bad" foods people do and don't avoid with braces.
SARPE: December 19, 2013
Expander out/TPA in: May 13th, 2014
Upper and lower braces: May 21, 2014
Lefort I + BSSO + sliding genioplasty: June 11, 2015
TPA out: December 17, 2015 (due to issues)
Braces off: November 28th, 2016!!!
My blog
My ArchWired thread (last updated November 29th, 2016)

samoorelaw

#21 Post by samoorelaw »

parsleysage wrote:Popcorn for sure! I generally don't crave it or even eat it that much but now that I can't have it I am fiending for it lol! Agree with the others, it would have to be movie popcorn.

Caramel apple with nuts!!!!!!!!!!!

Snickers bar - I've done a Snickers ice cream bar (very carefully) but the real thing is chewier & gooier.

Chips & salsa - I eat these now, but you have to eat them so carefully that it's almost too annoying to be worth it.

FLOSSING!!!! haha I will be soooo happy to floss normally once these things are off. I will floss three times a day in celebration.
Oh my goodness, I want the caramel apple with nuts and I want it NOWWWWW!!! I'd also die to have a snickers bar but due to my acid reflux, no chocolate indefinitely for me. :x

I've also been eating chips since I got braces (chewing gum, too), so nothing new there. I just realized that when I get my retainers, no gum chewing! Aaah, how will I survive?

Only 6 more days!!!! I'm going crazy waiting. I can't think about anything else. :crazy:
Braces removed for 3rd and final time July 14, 2016!!!!

Permanent 8 crowns front 8 teeth (upper) January 30, 2015

Braces removed again December 3, 2014!!

Partial braces re-installation September 25, 2014

Braces removed September 4, 2014!