Another kissing with braces post

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

msw

Another kissing with braces post

#1 Post by msw »

Sooo, this is kind of an awkward topic - and I'm so embarrassed to even be asking - but have any of y'all kissed someone who seemed to really enjoy *exploring* the hardware while making out? I had my first experience with this on a date last night, and I'm wondering if it's a common thing? Did anyone else find it a little bit odd, or was it more of a turn on? ::buries head in pillow like an awkward 13 year old::

lexieplexie

Re: Another kissing with braces post

#2 Post by lexieplexie »

:lol: :lol: never had that happen. If I did I'd feel a bit strange having someone randomly explore my braces with their tongue. Only did it the regular way,doesn't feel much different

cata

#3 Post by cata »

That would totally weird me out; and honestly, I wouldn't want anyone doing that! haha

djspeece

#4 Post by djspeece »

OMG yes and it is a real turn on for me. Of course I do get turned on fairly easily, in all honesty :gavel: . I'm a guy, that's how we're wired (pun intended). My girlfriend also had braces when we met (she has finished her treatment, I am hopefully within the last three months or so) and we did it to each other for a while. Now it's just me. She pretends to give me an "assessment." I just love it. She has to watch out for the hooks used for the elastics though. I think there is a section in the "New to Braces" area found at the top of the home page with an article about "romance" or something.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

jaime

#5 Post by jaime »

Aww this is kind of cute and sexy all rolled into one!

My fiance hasn't "explored" my braces but the last time I saw him before I got them, I mentioned that it was the last time he'd see me without braces for awhile. He grabbed me for a kiss and then dramatically licked my teeth all over like a goofball. He's a keeper.

As a teen, I never dated anyone with braces but I probably would've been pretty curious about what they feel like. I think it's generally a good thing your date was interested. I'm sure other adults with braces have gotten negative feedback from dates.
SARPE: December 19, 2013
Expander out/TPA in: May 13th, 2014
Upper and lower braces: May 21, 2014
Lefort I + BSSO + sliding genioplasty: June 11, 2015
TPA out: December 17, 2015 (due to issues)
Braces off: November 28th, 2016!!!
My blog
My ArchWired thread (last updated November 29th, 2016)

msw

#6 Post by msw »

Yeah, I was a bit weirded out. Don't get me wrong -- I'm *really* glad he wasn't turned off by them. He was totally cool with my metal mouth. The braces were a complete non-issue on the date. He didn't mention them at all, and I made maybe one comment about them. The first time he ran his tongue over them - I was like, okay, he's just curious, and maybe it was inadvertent. But then he kicked up the intensity of his exploration efforts, and that's when It got weird for me. Not weird enough to cut the make out sesh short or even interrupt it... just more of a *hmmmm* thing, ya know? I suppose it's something that I could used to and maybe even have some fun with next time. Maybe.

Thanks for the input on this uncomfortable topic, y'all!

mapleleafman888

#7 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Well it definitely comes up, my x-girlfriend loved my braces, said they looked cute and when we made out she was definitely doing some exploring with her tongue. I guess for some people it's a turn on, similar to those who enjoy tongue piercings or lips rings. I didn't mind at all though, it was kind of comforting to know she wasn't put off by my braceface.
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

kathydell

#8 Post by kathydell »

I love a good makeout so it was a bit rough getting used to it at first. Just try to keep your sense of humor and you'll figure it out. We all like and dislike different things and some things just plain take some getting used to.

djspeece

#9 Post by djspeece »

kathydell wrote:I love a good makeout so it was a bit rough getting used to it at first. Just try to keep your sense of humor and you'll figure it out. We all like and dislike different things and some things just plain take some getting used to.
My girlfriend is slightly concerned that my lips will not look as "puffy" once the braces are removed. She's never seen me without them!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying