anyone else have their braces put on via Indirect Bonding?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

clearlybracedmomma23

anyone else have their braces put on via Indirect Bonding?

#1 Post by clearlybracedmomma23 »

just curious if anyone else has had their braces put on via indirect bonding?

this is how i had my brackets bonded on and its was so quick and easy i loved it! i had never heard of it before nor seen it and I've never met anyone else who had their brackets bonded on this way so I'm just curious if there is anyone else out there to experience it. Im assuming its a fairly new method of bonding brackets as my ortho uses very up to date advanced methods and tools for everything. my fiancé was super jealous that my braces were not only clear but put on within minutes compared to having to sit and have each one places one by one like he did which i know can take forever..its amazing how far dentistry and orthodontics have come in the last ten years!

newbite

Re: anyone else have their braces put on via Indirect Bondin

#2 Post by newbite »

I'm getting it done in a little over two weeks! My ortho didn't give me an option, I guess he pretty much always does indirect bonding. I have to wait a lot longer than normal bonding (I can't believe some people get their braces the same day they get their records done!) and is more expensive, but I'm hoping the quick application time will make it worth it! Apparently it's also more accurate when they do it this way since the brackets are already set precisely into place in a mold so the ortho doesn't have to place each one by hand.
•Braces placed August 14, 2014
•Deband November 11, 2015
•Permanent retainer top and bottom
•Essix retainers top and bottom 16 hr/day for a year and then nightly afterwards.

My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 51#p455351

sirwired

#3 Post by sirwired »

I think it's pretty normal... easier on you, and saves the ortho a lot of time. All it costs the ortho is a sheet of molding material like the kind they use for bleach trays.

clearlybracedmomma23

#4 Post by clearlybracedmomma23 »

[quote="newbite"]I'm getting it done in a little over two weeks! My ortho didn't give me an option, I guess he pretty much always does indirect bonding. I have to wait a lot longer than normal bonding (I can't believe some people get their braces the same day they get their records done!) and is more expensive, but I'm hoping the quick application time will make it worth it! Apparently it's also more accurate when they do it this way since the brackets are already set precisely into place in a mold so the ortho doesn't have to place each one by hand.[/quote]

really i wonder why its more expensive for you? mine didn't cost any extra! and i got mine the day after my records it was great i loved no wait time to have anxieties about the whole process. the applications time was five minutes for mine not including getting any extra glue removed from between teeth and have the wire and ligatures installed.youll love how fast it goes my appointments took at most 30 minutes, which was a super pleasant surprise considering i expected it to be much longer!