I will get debraced soon....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Featheryy1221

Re: I will get debraced soon....

#46 Post by Featheryy1221 »

:jump: YAY! That is fantastic news! :) I'm so happy for you! And so, so, SO glad you are loving your new smile! Congrats! :-88 I can't wait to see pics!!

Estimated treatment time: 18 months. (6 months- expander, 1 year- braces)
Bonded Rapid Palatal Expander: 10/1/13 - 3/31/14
Upper and Lower Metal Braces: 4/22/14 - 7/14/15
Total treatment time: 21 months

samoorelaw

#47 Post by samoorelaw »

Hi again, Anna,

What type of retainers will you be getting, Hawleys or Essix or a combination of both? You and I had similar types of issues (crossbite, posterior open bite, smaller upper jaw) so I was wondering if your ortho recommended Essix or not, as I hear some orthos don't recommend Essix to those who have had open bites? I need to get a new lower retainer when my back braces come off because my lower Hawley is causing gaps/isn't comfortable, so I'm wondering if I should go with Essix or a wraparound Hawley: my ortho acted like either one is fine.
Braces removed for 3rd and final time July 14, 2016!!!!

Permanent 8 crowns front 8 teeth (upper) January 30, 2015

Braces removed again December 3, 2014!!

Partial braces re-installation September 25, 2014

Braces removed September 4, 2014!

Cdp95

#48 Post by Cdp95 »

Yay! I'm so happy for you. I couldn't believe how much better they looked without the metal, it seems that the actual braces magnify anything remotely 'imperfect' x10000! Can't wait to see pics, enjoy!

Bikerchick85

#49 Post by Bikerchick85 »

OMG Anna! I am so happy for you! I can't wait to see! I'm sorry I've been MIA. My fiancé and I got moved to Florida the month after I got my braces off and I have been so busy between selling our house and packing and then the move and getting settled... I haven't had time to get on here. I can't wait to catch up with everyone's story. I started training for a job that I will be working from home when training is finished so I'll have plenty of time to get on here! :) congrats again! I bet you are so happy and I know you look gorgeous as ever!

MY STORY.. http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=43860

*4 Premolar Extractions-Nov. 29th, 2012*
*Upper Ceramic Braces-Dec. 11, 2012*
*Lower Metal Braces-Feb. 11th, 2013*
*Est. Sentence-24 months*

Lorianne

#50 Post by Lorianne »

congrats Anna! So glad YOU are happy! that's all that matters! Hurry and post a pic. We are DYING here! :-)

Ambrosia80

#51 Post by Ambrosia80 »

Pics pleeeeaaase!! :BigGrin:
Damon braces- ceramic uppers, metal lowers

sentence: 15-18 months (Sept.-Dec. 2014)

mapleleafman888

#52 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Cue the suspenseful music ...
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

Anna5

#53 Post by Anna5 »

Thank you all for your very kind messages, you are all such AMAZING people, love you all!

Sorry for the long wait, but here are some pictures!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Anna5

#54 Post by Anna5 »

For comparison: this is where I started from.....

My teeth are definitely not be perfect now, but I think you all agree that the improvement has been HUGE!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Anna5

#55 Post by Anna5 »

samoorelaw wrote:Hi again, Anna,

What type of retainers will you be getting, Hawleys or Essix or a combination of both? You and I had similar types of issues (crossbite, posterior open bite, smaller upper jaw) so I was wondering if your ortho recommended Essix or not, as I hear some orthos don't recommend Essix to those who have had open bites? I need to get a new lower retainer when my back braces come off because my lower Hawley is causing gaps/isn't comfortable, so I'm wondering if I should go with Essix or a wraparound Hawley: my ortho acted like either one is fine.
Hi Samoorelaw,

I have upper and lower bonded retainers and I get a Essix for my upper teeth. However I don't have a retainer for my lower teeth, because my ortho doesn't think this is necessary. However, I don't feel comfortable with having no retainer for my lowers yet, so I will ask my ortho tomorrow if I can still can get one. I don't want my teeth to shift after all this hard work!
I am not sure what is best for you. I think I couldn't bear a Hawley they look so uncomfortable, so I am happy I get an Essix.
I wish you very good luck. When are your braces coming off?

Anna5

#56 Post by Anna5 »

Bikerchick85 wrote:OMG Anna! I am so happy for you! I can't wait to see! I'm sorry I've been MIA. My fiancé and I got moved to Florida the month after I got my braces off and I have been so busy between selling our house and packing and then the move and getting settled... I haven't had time to get on here. I can't wait to catch up with everyone's story. I started training for a job that I will be working from home when training is finished so I'll have plenty of time to get on here! :) congrats again! I bet you are so happy and I know you look gorgeous as ever!

Welcome back on Archwired, Bickerchick! I am very happy, because I was truly missing you here. You are such a great, loving member and I want to sincerely thank you for all your loving support towards me, from the very beginning of my journey to the very end!

That is great that you moved to Florida, I wish you very good luck and happiness in your new home. And also good luck with your training! I would love to keep hearing from you, how you are doing, and I hope you are still enjoying your beautiful smile!

Featheryy1221

#57 Post by Featheryy1221 »

Ahhhh, they look SOOO AMAZING!!! :D I can't believe how much your smile has changed! you've got a Hollywood smile now. :) All those things you were worried about I don't even notice at all, I just see a set of straight pearly whites! Seriously, Anna they look so gorgeous! :) I'm so happy for you.

Estimated treatment time: 18 months. (6 months- expander, 1 year- braces)
Bonded Rapid Palatal Expander: 10/1/13 - 3/31/14
Upper and Lower Metal Braces: 4/22/14 - 7/14/15
Total treatment time: 21 months

SunshineRay

#58 Post by SunshineRay »

Beautiful! I hope you are feeling beautiful too! xo

cata

#59 Post by cata »

Wow, Anna! Congratulations!! You have a beautiful smile and pretty teeth.

NeilH

#60 Post by NeilH »

Wow Anna, what a lovely result. You should be really pleased with your new smile, congratulations.