I will get debraced soon....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mapleleafman888

Re: I will get debraced soon....

#31 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Way to go!
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

samoorelaw

#32 Post by samoorelaw »

Anna5 wrote:I talked to my ortho yesterday and he really thinks my teeth/bite are fine now and that I should get debraced. Surgery is no longer an option in his opinion and he thinks that everyone in the dental field will share his opinion (which might be true because I had a couple of second opinions and they all advised against surgery).

So I will get debraced on the 23 th of October, both excited and anxious for this moment!
Congratulations! I think your bite looks great and you will see how good your teeth really look when the braces are removed: I wasn't sure *I* was ready when my braces came off, but when they were removed, they looked SO much better! Of course now I'm in partial braces again but at least my back molars now touch - just have to work on stabilizing my bite. At least when yours are removed, your bite will be stable because of the delays in getting them removed previously.
Braces removed for 3rd and final time July 14, 2016!!!!

Permanent 8 crowns front 8 teeth (upper) January 30, 2015

Braces removed again December 3, 2014!!

Partial braces re-installation September 25, 2014

Braces removed September 4, 2014!

Anna5

#33 Post by Anna5 »

Thanks for your replies!
I hope you are right, Samoorelaw, that the teeth look better after the braces are removed.
I am still feeling a bit anxious for debracing, will I really be happy with my teeth then? But I think it is best to get debraced now, and if I still remain unhappy then I can always get more work done in the future.

djspeece

#34 Post by djspeece »

Congratulations Anna! It's a big step in your life so nervousness is to be expected. Onward and upward!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Anna5

#35 Post by Anna5 »

Thank you very much, Dan, for your always so kind support!

jhgsupra

#36 Post by jhgsupra »

Big Day, Anna! Enjoy it as there are many on here who wish they were in your shoes. Please let us know how it feels to walk out of the ortho office with a silky smooth smile! :D
Braced 17 Sep 2014. Estimated penance 18 months

jaime

#37 Post by jaime »

Thinking of you today, Anna! Good luck and make sure to update us immediately! :-*
SARPE: December 19, 2013
Expander out/TPA in: May 13th, 2014
Upper and lower braces: May 21, 2014
Lefort I + BSSO + sliding genioplasty: June 11, 2015
TPA out: December 17, 2015 (due to issues)
Braces off: November 28th, 2016!!!
My blog
My ArchWired thread (last updated November 29th, 2016)

Featheryy1221

#38 Post by Featheryy1221 »

Anna it's your day! Thinking of you and hoping that everything went as planned and that you now have your braces off. :) Good luck!
:flowerbloom:

Estimated treatment time: 18 months. (6 months- expander, 1 year- braces)
Bonded Rapid Palatal Expander: 10/1/13 - 3/31/14
Upper and Lower Metal Braces: 4/22/14 - 7/14/15
Total treatment time: 21 months

Anna5

#39 Post by Anna5 »

Great news: I am debraced now!!!

The debracing went well. It took almost an hour. It was a bit uncomfortable at times, but nothing really bad. My ortho also did some shaving at the end.

But much more important: I am happy with my teeth now!!! My teeth look so much better without the braces and I think my bite is really good. At least, my crossbite and open bite have completely gone! My teeth are definitely not perfect, but compared to where I started they have improved A LOT. Now I realize how happy and blessed I am. Finally, after years of shame, feeling embarassed and hiding my smile, it is over, I have nothing to hide anymore! And I think I can live with the imperfections I still see because I think I don’t need perfection. Take a good look around, and almost nobody has 'perfect' teeth, so why should I? I might have had a better result with surgery, but I went for the braces only option, and it turned out fine. The only thing that bothers me a bit is that I still have lip incompetence. But I think I had better first celebrate having straight teeth now, and then I can always decide in the future whether I want to get treatment for the lip incompetence (maybe a genio), or just live with it. For now, I am having a happy day!!!

I want to thank all of you very sincerely for all your support towards me. You are such a really amazing community on archwired, I love you all! Getting braces on as an adult has been a very hard experience for me and I am sure that without all your loving support I could never have done this….

I promise to post a picture soon, probably within a few days.

I wish all of you who are still in treatment all the very best. Wearing braces as an adult can be a very hard experience, but in the end you will be so happy that you went through it!

Loving greetings from Anna

SunshineRay

#40 Post by SunshineRay »

Ohhhhhh Anna, I want to yell hooray from the rooftops! I am so so happy that you are happy!!

djspeece

#41 Post by djspeece »

Well done, Anna!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Siobhan

#42 Post by Siobhan »

Anna,

I am thrilled for you. Congratulations and enjoy your lovely smile.

jaime

#43 Post by jaime »

So happy for you, Anna! Glad to hear you are happy with your smile. Can't wait to see a photo!
SARPE: December 19, 2013
Expander out/TPA in: May 13th, 2014
Upper and lower braces: May 21, 2014
Lefort I + BSSO + sliding genioplasty: June 11, 2015
TPA out: December 17, 2015 (due to issues)
Braces off: November 28th, 2016!!!
My blog
My ArchWired thread (last updated November 29th, 2016)

samoorelaw

#44 Post by samoorelaw »

Anna5 wrote:Great news: I am debraced now!!!

The debracing went well. It took almost an hour. It was a bit uncomfortable at times, but nothing really bad. My ortho also did some shaving at the end.

But much more important: I am happy with my teeth now!!! My teeth look so much better without the braces and I think my bite is really good. At least, my crossbite and open bite have completely gone! My teeth are definitely not perfect, but compared to where I started they have improved A LOT. Now I realize how happy and blessed I am. Finally, after years of shame, feeling embarassed and hiding my smile, it is over, I have nothing to hide anymore! And I think I can live with the imperfections I still see because I think I don’t need perfection. Take a good look around, and almost nobody has 'perfect' teeth, so why should I? I might have had a better result with surgery, but I went for the braces only option, and it turned out fine. The only thing that bothers me a bit is that I still have lip incompetence. But I think I had better first celebrate having straight teeth now, and then I can always decide in the future whether I want to get treatment for the lip incompetence (maybe a genio), or just live with it. For now, I am having a happy day!!!

I want to thank all of you very sincerely for all your support towards me. You are such a really amazing community on archwired, I love you all! Getting braces on as an adult has been a very hard experience for me and I am sure that without all your loving support I could never have done this….

I promise to post a picture soon, probably within a few days.

I wish all of you who are still in treatment all the very best. Wearing braces as an adult can be a very hard experience, but in the end you will be so happy that you went through it!

Loving greetings from Anna
See? I TOLD you your teeth would look a LOT better without all that metal in your mouth. Congrats! I found out at my own ortho appointment today that my partial braces should be removed on December 3, 2014 so I can't wait for that day!

As for your lip incompetence, your teeth will continue to settle so perhaps your lip incompetence will be less noticeable when the settling is over.

Also, pictures!! :)
Braces removed for 3rd and final time July 14, 2016!!!!

Permanent 8 crowns front 8 teeth (upper) January 30, 2015

Braces removed again December 3, 2014!!

Partial braces re-installation September 25, 2014

Braces removed September 4, 2014!

Ambrosia80

#45 Post by Ambrosia80 »

Congrats!!! So glad you are happy with your smile.
Damon braces- ceramic uppers, metal lowers

sentence: 15-18 months (Sept.-Dec. 2014)