Read this before getting Fastbraces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chxsing

Re: Read this before getting Fastbraces

#16 Post by Chxsing »

i have just gotten off my fastbraces off and am extremely bittersweet with the results. i reckon the dentist i had gone with was rather alright compared to some other practices who offered fastbraces, but i wish i went to a orthodontist earlier. My final moral is just please don't get fastbraces if you have any bite or jaw complications or any serious cases. fastbraces is probably only helpful with straightening teeth + minor imperfections and if done incorrectly it could affect your bite seriously. dont be a cheapo, pay the extra grand for a ensured treatment. :D

VictoriaH

#17 Post by VictoriaH »

I know this is an old thread now, but I wanted to share my experience with Cfast braces. I'm still undergoing treatment, but for £2,000 I'd really recommend it IF you only need cosmetic work done. I was made to sign a declaration stating that I understand that Cfast is not an orthodontic treatment and will not correct issues with bite etc, or even correct anything beyond the front 6-8 teeth. Please read my blog to stay up-to-date with my journey: journeytostraightteeth.wordpress.com

SylDDS

#18 Post by SylDDS »

Please do not conflate Fastbraces (R) with any other system. It is comprehensive treatment, not merely cosmetic or for anteriors only. In the United States Orthodontists are required to take 10 cases to completion, meeting the American Orthodontic Society's (AOS) standards of perfection in order to graduate. To become a Fastbraces (R) Master Provider you must complete 20 cases to the same standards. While any dentist may be authorized to begin using the Fastbraces (R) technology after a weekend course, you may not expect full proficiency starting out. Even so, there are considerable resources available to guide every starting provider.
The distinctive attribute of Fastbraces (R) is that it is thoroughly scientifically based. It has been demonstrated in university studies to be faster, safer and more comfortable than traditional metal bracket and wire approaches. Fastbraces (R) stands on 30+ years of research and development. Over 500 scientific publications and presentations can be found on fastbraces.com.

Kiwi Orthodontist

#19 Post by Kiwi Orthodontist »

Syl DDS - Do you mind disclosing your relationship to fastbraces? You guy's offer a weekend course's for free in NZ. They aren't even run by an orthodontists! General dentists run them. The marketing is all about all about increasing revenue. 500 scientific publications of which most are self citations for conference presentations!

WonkyToothBGone

#20 Post by WonkyToothBGone »

Hi!

I realize this is a really old post, but thank you for your word of caution. I was * almost * tempted to go with my dentist for invisalign, and had also looked into six month smiles. WIth both of these options, something just didn't feel right. My gut just said it was a bad idea. I read quite a lot of horror stories about invisalign and lack of proper care when things went wrong. That in itself made me decide to go with traditional braces under the care of a qualified orthodontist. In my own experience over the last 4 months of my treatment, I can say 100% that when your teeth move, your bite changes, and not always in a good way. Looking at it now, these shorter treatments administered by non-orthodontists is a terrifying prospect. I'm so glad I didn't go down that route. I'm sure that it might work for some people, but it seems to me the risk is too high. I feel rather bad for those who aren't in the financial position I am in and who might be more swayed by the lower advertised prices. The education and experience of the orthodontist is important and worth the money you pay.

Humdan

#21 Post by Humdan »

Wow this is concerning.