Fronth teeth become stable??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bjohnson207

Fronth teeth become stable??

#1 Post by bjohnson207 »

Hello,

I got a question for all the vets out here. How long does it take for your teeth to stay put? Ive been braced for nine months now and had a gap in the front to start with. It took about two months to get them strait and close the front with powerchains. So now at every apt I get a new wire, ect. My ortho seems to give me powerchains for a month then the next I don't get them. So now I have an apt next week and this has been a nonpowerchain month, and I have spaces between all my front teeth. Once powerchains are on they are closed that day or after a few, but when will they quit moving back when they are not held in place by powerchains?

bjohnson207

Re: Fronth teeth become stable??

#2 Post by bjohnson207 »

Noone have any thoughts?

SpottedPickle

#3 Post by SpottedPickle »

I am only 9 days in so no experience, but my thoughts are that it depends on what is being moved, and all that jazz.

MrsCharisma

#4 Post by MrsCharisma »

There's no set time. I've had powerchains pretty much since month 3 or 4. The one time we went without a powerchain I had space open up. I have not gone without one again. I am almost 18 months in.

I will have (MUST!) a bonded retainer from canine to canine on my uppers when I'm done.

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=45175

Female, 34
Braced: 1/24/13 (upper) and 5/3/13 (lower)
Sentence: 18-24 months
Ceramic uppers, metal lowers

[/url]

anedia

#5 Post by anedia »

Everyone's teeth are different, it's impossible for us to know what your ortho is exactly working on and how long its going to take.

Ask your Ortho questions are your next appt!!
First Consultation: July 16th, 2013
Second Consultation: August 21st, 2013
Extractions (Wisdom + baby tooth): August 22nd, 2013
Brace Date: September 4th, 2013
First Adjustment: October 18th, 2013.