teeth near extraction site aches

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

blahhh123

teeth near extraction site aches

#1 Post by blahhh123 »

Hi, I've just got 2 teeth extracted 3 days before. Is it weird that the extraction site is healing perfectly yet the teeth near it are sore? Thx for any help.

Super

Re: teeth near extraction site aches

#2 Post by Super »

Hello,

You're only a few days in, it's actually completely normal to feel uncomfortable at this point. As I remember it, my teeth in the surrounding area hurt for about 1-2 weeks, the pain wasn't constant and of the same intensity, in fact it was intermittent and rather mild most of the time. After the 2-3 week mark I found I had the occasional ache and felt more or less healed up. My guess is once the swelling goes and the whole area calms down abit, that you shoul'dnt experience much pain at all.

My advice is to remain calm and DON'T over exert yourself, do the minimum but try not to be bed ridden if possible. Also if you have a sore/raspy throat, rest your voice and take cough syrup if you can, and avoid anything to acidic like orange juice if possible as they can be a bit too irritative.

but most importantly, please drink a full glass of water with your pills, most people don't hydrate themselves adequately when they're ill, If you don't you might end up with all the symptoms of a terrible hangover, which only makes you feel 10 times worst, trust me on that!

Yours sincerely Ben

asylumgreen

#3 Post by asylumgreen »

I got 3 teeth extracted 3 days ago, with the same result - the actual extraction sites feel fine, but two of the teeth directly beside them hurt.

cata

#4 Post by cata »

Yes, totally normal. :)