I never thought I'd say this...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ljms

I never thought I'd say this...

#1 Post by ljms »

... I'm looking forward to getting bite ramps.

Yes, that's right. I want bite ramps.

Over the last couple of weeks I've started to accidentally pinch the inside of my lower lip between the lower brackets and upper teeth. I almost drew blood this morning while eating breakfast. I've reached the point where I'll gladly trade chewing on my molars for not turning my lip into hamburger

My next adjustment is in a week and a half. I'm really hoping the bite ramps come with a reverse curve archwire or two.

Nozzelnut

Re: I never thought I'd say this...

#2 Post by Nozzelnut »

Let me know what you think about them in 2 weeks...

My ortho was going with either build-ups or the ramps; thankfully he went with build-ups. It was awkward learning to eat with them the first week. I don't really think about them now; which is good.
Round 3 (lifetime) Damon stainless applied 3/16/20 (after 4 weeks attempting invisalign) On for about 18 months
Night time elastics with invisalign retainers; still...
Double jaw surgery was 6/18/15...
Orthodontics never really ends...
I'm emphatically against extraction orthodontics!

chichi

#3 Post by chichi »

Oh my gosh, I literally just wrote about the same exact thing in my braces story yesterday! Biting the inside of my lip has been, by far, the most painful part of this whole experience. I had never seen anyone with the same problem and I'm glad I'm not alone (although I'm sorry you get to be the one to join me)

I will be complaining about it at my appointment on Thursday, and I hope he can do something about it. I've already made it through having buildups...
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

auco99

#4 Post by auco99 »

I had them. For 3 days. I'll be shocked, and I mean shocked, if you don't change your mind about 5 seconds after getting them. I demanded they be removed and replaced with molar build ups. I was honestly depressed and hopeless for those 3 days. Awful, AWFUL lisp, couldn't eat, and had to be so careful not to bite on them. But. ... Good luck!
Uppers: Ceramic Damons, braced 1-31-12
Lowers: Metal, braced 5-31-12