Thank goodness for microwaves

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jaime

Thank goodness for microwaves

#1 Post by jaime »

I had to heat up my dinner 3 times and I didn't even finish it by the time it got cold again. Oh well, hot food is overrated anyway, am I right?
SARPE: December 19, 2013
Expander out/TPA in: May 13th, 2014
Upper and lower braces: May 21, 2014
Lefort I + BSSO + sliding genioplasty: June 11, 2015
TPA out: December 17, 2015 (due to issues)
Braces off: November 28th, 2016!!!
My blog
My ArchWired thread (last updated November 29th, 2016)

parsleysage

Re: Thank goodness for microwaves

#2 Post by parsleysage »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have to leave my house at 12:15 to get to work on time, so this morning I fixed breakfast/lunch at 11:30 figuring I would have plenty of time. HAHA! Big joke! lol. I left the house at 12:25 ;)

jaime

#3 Post by jaime »

parsleysage wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

I have to leave my house at 12:15 to get to work on time, so this morning I fixed breakfast/lunch at 11:30 figuring I would have plenty of time. HAHA! Big joke! lol. I left the house at 12:25 ;)
Uh oh! I've been later getting to work lately too, especially after my lunch breaks (I go home for lunch). Hopefully my boss hasn't noticed! :oops:
My blog

Featheryy1221

#4 Post by Featheryy1221 »

My food sometimes gets cooler just because it takes forever to cut certain things into bite size pieces. (Saves me the hassle of getting too much stuff stuck in my braces). Usually it's pastas, especially spaghetti. It takes forever to chop up.
But for the most part I thank microwaves for making crunchy foods softer, like the occasional delicious chocolate chip cookie. :)

Estimated treatment time: 18 months. (6 months- expander, 1 year- braces)
Bonded Rapid Palatal Expander: 10/1/13 - 3/31/14
Upper and Lower Metal Braces: 4/22/14 - 7/14/15
Total treatment time: 21 months

jaime

#5 Post by jaime »

Featheryy1221 wrote:My food sometimes gets cooler just because it takes forever to cut certain things into bite size pieces. (Saves me the hassle of getting too much stuff stuck in my braces). Usually it's pastas, especially spaghetti. It takes forever to chop up.
But for the most part I thank microwaves for making crunchy foods softer, like the occasional delicious chocolate chip cookie. :)
I've been cutting up everything too, as SARPE has made my upper teeth too tender to bite into a lot of stuff.

Mmm cookies. Today is National Donut Day and I reckon I could bite into that just fine...
My blog