Extractions!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

AlexO890

Re: Extractions!

#16 Post by AlexO890 »

Lucky me I never got my wisdom teeth! But the thought of needing premolars extracted scares me.

pamboys09

#17 Post by pamboys09 »

got extraction for 2 2nd biscupids on top and 1 biscupid on bottom (i have 1 extracted long time ago)

i cant eat solid food for 1 day.. for second day i was so hungry i dont care anymore if it hurts or not.. after 3 days i can eat normal food already :) enjoy

Uptown Girl

#18 Post by Uptown Girl »

Three of my wisdom teeth didn't come through (they were impacted). I had them out plus the one half erupted as well. It took me weeks to recover. I had planned one week off work. I had to take two. I remember trying to eat out at a restaurant the day before going back to work and I just couldn't eat most of the food on my plate. That was 15 years ago so I'm glad it didn't coincide with braces.

Best of luck. I'm sure you'll have a better experience.

yassy20112

#19 Post by yassy20112 »

I got my premolars removed(4)back in july 2015 due to crowding. Im still under treatment and expecting to debrace in 4 months. I have read so many horror stories on face sinking , i had a very well balanced profile before bracing as well. I am regretting ever since I read this horror story. Can someone with a completed extraction treatment give me their opinion.

Lovespain5

#20 Post by Lovespain5 »

yassy20112 wrote:I got my premolars removed(4)back in july 2015 due to crowding. Im still under treatment and expecting to debrace in 4 months. I have read so many horror stories on face sinking , i had a very well balanced profile before bracing as well. I am regretting ever since I read this horror story. Can someone with a completed extraction treatment give me their opinion.
Hello! There are also positive changes in the profile after treatment with four premolars extracted.
An example here : http://www.orthodontisteenligne.com/wp- ... -MPB12.jpg
I also have a completed extraction treatment, with my 4 first premolars removed because of bimax protrusion.
The gaps are completely closed now and my facial features have changed for the best.
And how is your profile now, at this step of the treatment?
:?:-#):mrgreen:

bdsfkw

#21 Post by bdsfkw »

Do you have more examples? Also of adults? Is there examples of both good and bad changes and is it true that premolar extraction leads to premature aging?

Lovespain5

#22 Post by Lovespain5 »

bdsfkw wrote:Do you have more examples? Also of adults? Is there examples of both good and bad changes and is it true that premolar extraction leads to premature aging?
In this thread you are going to find my whole story : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 4&start=30
:?:-#):mrgreen: