elastics meanings??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

malilou25

elastics meanings??

#1 Post by malilou25 »

Hello, I'm presently in the last phase of my braces, and I'm wearing elastics in the following manner: from my top canines till my second to last lower molars. They're very tight and I feel some pain. My question is what do these elastics do? do they bring my top or my bottom teeth forward or back?

mapleleafman888

Re: elastics meanings??

#2 Post by mapleleafman888 »

I have had that configuration as well, it's meant to reduce an over jet (pulls the top teeth back and the lowers may go forward slightly. ) YouTube search 'class 2 elastics' or 'class ll elastics' for an animation that clearly shows what is happening when you wear them.
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!