Confess your orthodontic sins.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

godutch

Re: Confess your orthodontic sins.

#286 Post by godutch »

I eat baguettes with cured (dried) ham before getting my wires changed. The ham leaves these gross almost impossible to clean yourself sinews and the baguette breaks of brackets 8)

damonmyarch

#287 Post by damonmyarch »

I eat everything and only brush 2 times a day.

Lynloraa

#288 Post by Lynloraa »

I just forgot my bands today...
I eat chips and have popped off 3 brackets
I hardly floss anymore
I keep trying to make my teeth move faster by wishing about it too hard

Len

#289 Post by Len »

MikeLewis wrote:When I had braces, I didn't give up hardly anything. Not coffee, not gum, not popcorn. I made up for it in part by heavy brushing, which seemed to do the trick.
How did you manage to eat gum? I tried and took me ages to get it off my braces D:

pcspinheiro

#290 Post by pcspinheiro »

Funny topic!
- I have been eating everything since day 1, even though I was told not to. Yes, it hurt sometimes, especially in those days after wire changes... but I just like eating too much.
- I ate normally after 1 premolar and 1 wisdom tooth extraction, got infection both times.
- Oh, and have not worn my bite plane in over 1 month. It's there to stop me from ripping off my lower braces and make room for molar extrusion (deep bite) I'm used to keeping my teeth appart for various reasons and the damn thing just makes my teeth hurt because it was molded as I began treatment and my teeth have moved a lot now. It's been refitted once but after 2 days it just annoys me again...Could have saved myself 120€ and a lot of tooth ache if I knew I could well live without it AND keep my treatment as planned.

bumbleb79

#291 Post by bumbleb79 »

I've been eating pretty much everything though nothing to hard and crunchy but more because my teeth hurt and my teeth feel to move about with the pressure.

I chew chewing gum every day, wrigleys extra and it doesn't stick.

starokada

#292 Post by starokada »

Last week, I ate popcorn for the first time, a year after I got my braces..
I had some popcorn for breakfast this morning and have yet to brush my teeth.

Jorge

#293 Post by Jorge »

[quote="alivh"]I eat soooo many *forbidden* things and in the forbidden way (biting). Ex: my mom makes me cut my apples, but whenever she's not around, I bite. #rebel :D
I only brush twice a day and NEVER floss[/quote]

Doesn't that hurt? I was eating some cantaloupe just yesterday and my gums hurt a bit after I took a huge bite

fixmyjaws

#294 Post by fixmyjaws »

I chew ice on a regular basis.

duelmaster42

#295 Post by duelmaster42 »

I always flick my elastics away into the air when I take them off before a meal. :)

FlyByNight

#296 Post by FlyByNight »

You will find a trail of elastics wherever I've been. I still have some in my house that pop up out of nowhere.

claribeary

#297 Post by claribeary »

Hahaha, I'm due to get my braces on next month and was just reading through this thread. It's hilarious. :D

#298 Post by 2018 »

- Millions of years in the future, when whatever lifeforms that inhabit the Earth are digging up the remains of human civilization and they stumble upon my house, they'll find the fossilized remains of hundreds of rubber bands sprinkled throughout my home.
- I chew mountains of gum.
- I've skipped brushing before...and I've regretted it every single time.

Despite my orthodontic sinfulness, unlike some others, I avoid popcorn like the plague. I didn't like getting kernels stuck in my teeth back when I didn't have braces, I can't imagine what nightmares they'll induce if they got stuck while I'm a braceface.

fvalentine1709

#299 Post by fvalentine1709 »

I smoke, i drink coffee, and i looove to eat pizza crust. Too bad as i own a pizzeria and get to eat pizza every day :D

Mpkh

#300 Post by Mpkh »

I don't always brush after every meal, and I definitely don't floss every day.
Braced: April 07, 2017
Debraced: February 08, 2019
Sentence: 18-24 months
Actual time in braces: 22 months and 1 day
Reason: Straighten teeth, correct crossbite and edge-to-edge bite

http://myjourneyandlifewithbraces.blogspot.ca