Confess your orthodontic sins.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lovelyteeth

Re: Confess your orthodontic sins.

#226 Post by Lovelyteeth »

I'm a relative newby here and this thread is hilarious. Brought a smile to my newly 'blinged' face. Lol
As each day passes I'm getting closer and closer to my dream smile.

shanlola

#227 Post by shanlola »

djspeece wrote:
shanlola wrote:Love reading everyone's sins ha I thought it was only me that had been sinful, you're all making me feel much better!

The other day I was late for work and I used having braces as an excuse - well brushing does take longer now don't you know! :HugeGrin: :x :wink: 8)

That is brilliant. What was the reaction?

My boss totally brought it! I shall use the same excuse next time I am late to university - or I could just improve my time keeping and NOT be late, wait, that's not going to happen... :lol:

anacsilva

#228 Post by anacsilva »

Ahhh this post made me feel so much better!

I drink tea and coffee daily;
I smoke daily too;
One of my brackets fell off after a particularly hard hangover where I ate pizza (with crust!), M&M's and white chocolate;
I've also drunk Coke and Iced Tea on occasion;
I only brush my teeth in the morning after breakfast and in the evening after dinner/before bed;
I've never flossed (I don't even know how to do it with braces?) but I usually use the smaller brush (don't know its name in English) in certain teeth;
I'm seriously considering going to a different dentist this afternoon just to adjust a slipping ligament and to clip a stray wire

I know, the last one is bad, but my dentist is at a congress and I can't afford to miss 2 hours of work just to do THAT

-Ana

Len

#229 Post by Len »

I floss everyday, but only the teeth that are more "problematic" or so to say, the others I only floss every other day when I have time.
I only cut into bite sizes things that are a bit crunchier/chewy, I don't bother cutting the others up.
I eat sugar like crazy and I was honest about it with my ortho. She told me it's ok as long as I avoid fizzy stuff that might wear off the glue and I brush as soon as I finish eating.
I sometimes eat harder stuff but I guess it's just until I get the bottom braces, I'd never take the risk if that wasn't the case.
I don't propperly brush my teeth every meal, I just brush hard enough for the food and sugar to go away, I only use my propper proxy brush and fancy stuff at night before bed.
I drink coffee and consume alcohol because I'm a college student and wouldn't survive without those every once in a while... Then give my mouth a rinse at least after I'm done drinking.

andrea83

#230 Post by andrea83 »

This was such fun to read! Thanks everyone :D

I haven't even begun my journey and yet I'm already so inspired by all of your stories.

Coffee ... Soda (Coke!) ... Oh yeah that's going to happen ... a lot

And yeah my teeth are already pretty yellowed as a result ... and I'm not always happy about it but I don't care enough to cut back ... maybe after braces I will get them whitened ... I've tried whitening toothpastes and they do nothing but make me super sensitive :(

And I don't think it will be Coffee with a straw ... that just seems ... wrong!

I do love soda glasses with straws though

Red wine on occasion will happen as well I am sure

Blaming being late on braces ... yeah ... that will probably happen ... but it might be true too ;-)

Not flossing ... check! ... but my dentist says I do so well and the truth is I never floss, I even told them this and they said well whatever you're doing it's working

Oh what other good ones ???

alee88

#231 Post by alee88 »

Great read! I feel slightly less guilty now. For me:

-I don't floss everyday
-I love gummy bears/twizzlers
-I still use my teeth to open packages, rip tape, bite my fingernails
-I still drink alot of coffee. It stains my teeth like crazy but I only drink through a straw now

NewOrLinz

#232 Post by NewOrLinz »

[quote="cs2thecox"]Not really an orthodontic sin, but probably a domestic one...

I have used my WaterPik to clean the sink.

(You know when you get that rim of soap scum and scale round the plug hole? The WaterPik blasts that RIGHT off! Also the scale round the taps...)[/quote]

I literally just discovered this yesterday and I did NOT tell my boyfriend.... but it works like a charm!!!!! lmao

NewOrLinz

#233 Post by NewOrLinz »

These are great!
I'm only one week in. Although I had these damn things as a kid and...... well, here we are again.

My confessions:
The first thing I put into my mouth after getting my braces on..... Salt Water Taffy. It was cotton candy flavor, someone gave it to me and I just couldn't say no, I knew I would be sore the next day. Just let it dissolve and it was great lol

The first thing I drank was beer.

Today I tried a chocolate muffin..... very interesting look I had going on after I ate it and had to return to class without brushing. I swished with coffee... I'm sure that helped .... -.-

I LOVE tortilla chips and I cannot stop eating them. Hello, guac!
I can finally chew after my first week so I'm eating any and everything lol

That's it so far.... stay tuned.

sandraa15

#234 Post by sandraa15 »

I've eaten hard lollies, popcorn, blocks of chocolate, nuts - pretty much everything on the DO NOT eat list lol.
Only thing i have not tried is gum as i do not want to pick it all out of my mouth!

Moops

#235 Post by Moops »

I ate pistachios on the first day, lol. I figured they would be soft enough, but it hurt like heck and that first bite was enough for me to stop!

musicbrace

#236 Post by musicbrace »

WELL HERE WE GO!

1. I drink coffee every morning.
2. I do NOT floss every day (maybe once a week)
3. I can't stop drinking soda guys :((
4. I have used "tooth pain" to get out of stuff.
5. I have used tooth pain to get out of eating someone else's food....
6.I am obsessed with Chips and salsa....

emily0709

#237 Post by emily0709 »

:lol:

I thought I was the only one that cleaned the sink with my water pick ... it works great!

Ummm...
-coffee
-beer and wine
-rolos, snickers bars, kit kats
- sugar, in general. Just give me all the sugar.
-I don't brush after lunch
-I bite into things, and not cut them up.

CCinBraces

#238 Post by CCinBraces »

gingenie wrote:When i take elastics out to eat I regularly forget to pick them up from wherever i've left them. Huge apologies to anyone out there who has found them and had to clean up after me...

EEEEEEWW!!! lol

CCinBraces

#239 Post by CCinBraces »

oldfart wrote:If I am talking to you, face to face, and you have braces. I am checking them out, vs looking at you eye to eye.

Heck I now find myself checking out everyones teeth as I am talking to them, and mentally coming up with a orthodontic plan for them if I think they need them.
Me too....and constantly looking for open bites!

Lovespain5

#240 Post by Lovespain5 »

Once, I was so tired of the elastics so I didn't wore them for 4 days.
:?:-#):mrgreen: