Confess your orthodontic sins.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

vampirefangs22

Re: Confess your orthodontic sins.

#316 Post by vampirefangs22 »

I've eaten pretty much everything you aren't supposed to eat with braces, including corn on the cob (probably one of the worst foods to eat with braces, but interestingly, I've never had any problems while eating it with my braces), skittles, peanuts and tree nuts, raw vegetables, gum, popcorn, and a lot of other things.

I also drink soda and Monster energy more than I probably should, which has unfortunately contributed to me developing a few interproximal cavities during orthodontic treatment on some of my front teeth. :(

Lower braces - Halloween 2019
Upper braces - January 9th, 2020
Debonded since May 4th, 2023

vampirefangs22

#317 Post by vampirefangs22 »

Also, I've recently decided to go ahead and get my lip pierced like I've been wanting to since April 2020. My right snakebite is healing perfectly fine, but I'll have to get the left snakebite redone once the hole is fully closed and healed since the jewelry unfortunately fell out while I was asleep, and I couldn't get it back in despite how hard I tried pushing it back in. :'( Hopefully I can get it repierced right through the scar tissue even though I know it's going be more painful than the original piercing. I can tell that I'm going to burn in the 9th circle of orthodontic hell considering all the orthodontic sins I've committed.

At least on the plus side, my oral hygiene has never been better since before and after getting the piercings.

Lower braces - Halloween 2019
Upper braces - January 9th, 2020
Debonded since May 4th, 2023

djspeece

#318 Post by djspeece »

vampirefangs22 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:32 pm Also, I've recently decided to go ahead and get my lip pierced like I've been wanting to since April 2020. My right snakebite is healing perfectly fine, but I'll have to get the left snakebite redone once the hole is fully closed and healed since the jewelry unfortunately fell out while I was asleep, and I couldn't get it back in despite how hard I tried pushing it back in. :'( Hopefully I can get it repierced right through the scar tissue even though I know it's going be more painful than the original piercing. I can tell that I'm going to burn in the 9th circle of orthodontic hell considering all the orthodontic sins I've committed.

At least on the plus side, my oral hygiene has never been better since before and after getting the piercings.
Wow, aren't you the brave one! What sorts of comments do you get from the techs and/or ortho? I'm thinking if you can tolerate a lip piercing then braces should be a walk in the park :lol:
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

lefortfort

#319 Post by lefortfort »

Drinking just about everything with Invisalign on.