Confess your orthodontic sins.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Branwillaws

Re: Confess your orthodontic sins.

#241 Post by Branwillaws »

I break most the rules, i eat whatever i want, chips, chocolate almonds, twizzlers.
I never floss. takes to much time, but i do use prevident toothpaste and use the gum picks, also just recently bought and started using a waterpik, other than it making a mess sometimes and being loud, its great.

im suffering right now, im 24 days post op double jaw surgery, and cant stand not being able to eat things i want. I havnt officially had the go ahead to eat soft foods, but i started eating pastas, kraft dinner, sheppards pie ect.. im so sick of soups and boost/ensure. Infact im sure my surgeon would say its okay because i dont chew. i see him next week ill let him know then lol!

jfriend33

#242 Post by jfriend33 »

CCinBraces wrote:
oldfart wrote:If I am talking to you, face to face, and you have braces. I am checking them out, vs looking at you eye to eye.

Heck I now find myself checking out everyones teeth as I am talking to them, and mentally coming up with a orthodontic plan for them if I think they need them.
Me too....and constantly looking for open bites!
u should look at older photos of michelle obama. she has one.

EWUgal15

#243 Post by EWUgal15 »

Branwillaws wrote:im suffering right now, im 24 days post op double jaw surgery, and cant stand not being able to eat things i want. I havnt officially had the go ahead to eat soft foods, but i started eating pastas, kraft dinner, sheppards pie ect.. im so sick of soups and boost/ensure. Infact im sure my surgeon would say its okay because i dont chew. i see him next week ill let him know then lol!
That's pretty amazing actually...at 21 days post op from BSSO, I was told I could start changing my elastics again. The first thing I thought was "I can eat without a syringe!" and then I realized I couldn't really open my mouth wide enough to do so. In fact, the first time I took my elastics off by myself and opened my mouth, I stood staring at myself in the mirror trying to remember how to close it. If you are able to open that wide at 24 days post double jaw, I'm impressed.

stellarxoxo

#244 Post by stellarxoxo »

I smoke daily.
I eat chips and most of the time my wire pops out. Can't tell you how many times I've had to pop it back in.
I drink coffee and tea.
I'm obsessed with those little gum brand floss sticks.
I eat pizza with crust.
I eat gummy candies but it takes awhile... lol

Branwillaws

#245 Post by Branwillaws »

EWUgal15 wrote:
Branwillaws wrote:im suffering right now, im 24 days post op double jaw surgery, and cant stand not being able to eat things i want. I havnt officially had the go ahead to eat soft foods, but i started eating pastas, kraft dinner, sheppards pie ect.. im so sick of soups and boost/ensure. Infact im sure my surgeon would say its okay because i dont chew. i see him next week ill let him know then lol!
That's pretty amazing actually...at 21 days post op from BSSO, I was told I could start changing my elastics again. The first thing I thought was "I can eat without a syringe!" and then I realized I couldn't really open my mouth wide enough to do so. In fact, the first time I took my elastics off by myself and opened my mouth, I stood staring at myself in the mirror trying to remember how to close it. If you are able to open that wide at 24 days post double jaw, I'm impressed.
Yes I'm healing really well. It's amazing how different everyone's recovery is and also how different each surgeon is. I can currently open my mouth about 3 fingers wide. I see my surgeon tomorrow and I haven't been very good with wearing my elastics.. I just keep breaking them it's annoying

sh11636

#246 Post by sh11636 »

My orthodontist knows when I do something I'm not supposed to... lol
Okay here goes:
1. I chew gum
2. I chew sticky lollies
3. I have hard foods 24hrs after a bracket replacement

On the whole I'm alright I guess but I have it good because I don't need elastics.

megz0501

#247 Post by megz0501 »

Wow you guys are brave!
My sins:
1. I don't floss on the weekends, because I feel like I do it all week so why on the weekends?!
2. I stare at peoples teeth and wonder if they have had braces and think to myself that they should.
3. I get a bit angry when I see other people eating chewy candy!

Tyrantblade

#248 Post by Tyrantblade »

While i thought i could stay away from the sugary, chewy, stretchy stuff we arent supposed to eat, i have ate some of that stuff a few times, though i eat that stuff really slow and last time i used a blender to cut licorice piecies really small.

I will try to get back to not eating any for a long time.
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

waltzpeony

#249 Post by waltzpeony »

i bite on potato chips, only to have swallow them later because they are too hard.

nats80

#250 Post by nats80 »

This thread is funny! It's made me feel a bit better about my fitting date in 8 days time!

Branwillaws

#251 Post by Branwillaws »

Don't sin too much or you might be like me and end up having a second surgery. Probably started chewing food a little to soon.

Beckett

#252 Post by Beckett »

I freely admit I'm a total rule follower. But I did break one last month and went to bed without my elastics. Things had shifted just enough to have brackets rubbing in new places (and it was a day of lots of talking and laughing which equals lots of friction) and I had to wax up about 8 teeth overnight so the inside of my mouth could get a break. My canines are often the sorest spots but I can't put wax on with elastics so I had to choose. I haven't broken any food rules yet because my teeth are just too sore to really bite into anything as hard as the off limits list.
Braces for 18 months/4 days.

Bracingmyself33

#253 Post by Bracingmyself33 »

I drink coffee daily.
I sometimes skip brushing my teeth after lunch.
I bite using my front teeth. They sometimes hurt but I can't be bothered.

:dance: :HugeGrin:

carrieann

#254 Post by carrieann »

I use whitening toothpaste almost every day. I haven't asked my ortho as I have heard it's a sin. I keep telling myself I'll quit soon.

Class I bite, Crowding, Ant/Post Crossbite Tendency
18-20 months
Damon ceramic upper, metal lower

kattiar

#255 Post by kattiar »

I worship coffee.
I use a whitening mouth rinse almost daily....and possibly a whitening toothpaste. Maybe. >.>
I only brush my teeth twice a day.
I don't floss my top back teeth because they're too hard to reach and I'm lazy.
Yet my dentist and ortho have been applauding my amazing oral hygiene. Bahahah. I have another checkup scheduled in a couple of weeks though so there is still time for this to backfire. In fact I'm pretty sure it will now that I've admitted to this. xD