Reverse curve wire! OH My!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lorsa

Re: Reverse curve wire! OH My!

#16 Post by lorsa »

Thanks ItsFreyja! I'm really pleased with how well it worked. :D

deblo

#17 Post by deblo »

I am so glad I saw this thread. I had an adjustment a few weeks ago where my wire was changed (this was not the first wire change). I usually don't experience soreness for more than half a day or so, so I wasn't expecting much that time either. My orhto did not say anything is different. Boy, was I wrong. It hurt for a week straight and I couldn't eat anything, but I didn't understand why.

After seeing this, I remember the assistant saying that my wire was arched to help with my bite. Then I looked it up. It makes sense, thank you.

BracedSurgeryStudent

#18 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Ive had that before for my overbite
Jenn Medeiros

snbar

#19 Post by snbar »

Just got it for my bottom teeth today!

KeldonM16

#20 Post by KeldonM16 »

Hi all,

I just got a wire that I would describe as a wavy wire over my front bottom brackets and it already feels painful (its been an hour). Is this reverse curve wires? I don't have an overbite (deep bite) but instead I have a very slight underbite.