Which retainer do you have - Essix or Hawley?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

FinallyBracesFree

Which retainer do you have - Essix or Hawley?

#1 Post by FinallyBracesFree »

For the top teeth only.

And how much movement have you noticed?

Thank you :)

SunshineRay

Re: Which retainer do you have - Essix or Hawley?

#2 Post by SunshineRay »

Do you normally get a choice? I should be getting one by June so I guess I should pay attention to this.

nikkibabie19

#3 Post by nikkibabie19 »

i have hawley...and i dint have a choice.

I had traditional metal braces top and bottom...

And movement....im only a month and some out of wearing braces

So yes there is slight movement but thats bcuz the ortho is using the retainer to do one or two lil adjustments still...

Me with elastics : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46327

FINALLY Me after braces : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46650
[/color]

SunshineRay

#4 Post by SunshineRay »

Thats interesting Nikki. I have a 2-3 very small gaps left. We had thought they would close in the past 2 weeks and the braces could come off next week but I dont see that happening. What type of minor adjustment was done by your retainer?