Open Bite correction with TADs

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

playmaker7206

Open Bite correction with TADs

#1 Post by playmaker7206 »

I received the Damon Clear Uppers and metal lowers on December 30. 6 weeks later I received all of my TADS and was in full force. As of 3 months I am on the rectangular Damon wire, and seeing great movement the first 90 days. For soreness, at peak it was only a 2 out of 10. Very mild. There is still along way to go to get full closure, but the 3 month progress looks promising.

Upper arch has widened.
Front teeth are an equal length.
Open bite is beginning to close.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nozzelnut

Re: Open Bite correction with TADs

#2 Post by Nozzelnut »

Coming along nicely!

Where did they put your TADs?
Round 3 (lifetime) Damon stainless applied 3/16/20 (after 4 weeks attempting invisalign) On for about 18 months
Night time elastics with invisalign retainers; still...
Double jaw surgery was 6/18/15...
Orthodontics never really ends...
I'm emphatically against extraction orthodontics!

parsleysage

#3 Post by parsleysage »

Wow! Looks great!

Are TADs included in your orthodontic fee or do you pay a surcharge for them? I may end up getting a missing tooth gap closed using a TAD.

Anna5

#4 Post by Anna5 »

WOW, that is great progress!!!
HOw did your ortho widen your arch, just with braces or did/do you have an expander?

ajs604

#5 Post by ajs604 »

Wow thats awesome!! I had a simler open bite to you! Im almost one year into treatment and almost have closure, see my blog if your interested to see. Surgery wasnt an option for me, but am really pleased with my progress so far. Best of luck to you too.
Started treatment to correct open bite non surgically

My Story so far: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=44572
TAD's inserted into upper pallet 9/5/13
Braces & intrusion appliance fitted 23/5/13 - journey has now fully begun.
1st adjustment 2/07/13

Bconnellyguitar

#6 Post by Bconnellyguitar »

wow, I wish I could get TADs. My open bite is minor, but I wish I could find someone who could close it this way.

SunshineRay

#7 Post by SunshineRay »

parsleysage wrote:Wow! Looks great!

Are TADs included in your orthodontic fee or do you pay a surcharge for them? I may end up getting a missing tooth gap closed using a TAD.
Mine were included in the fee.

oldfart

#8 Post by oldfart »

Mine was an additional charge.
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom

SpottedPickle

#9 Post by SpottedPickle »

Looking great!

playmaker7206

#10 Post by playmaker7206 »

I am exactly 8 months into therapy. I currently have (2) TADs on each distal side, and (2) TADs on the roof of my mouth. We have seen excellent intrusion of the upper molars, and are very near achieving closure. We still have a while to go as we tweak the final alignment and bite. Every orthodontist recommended surgery, and this will look 95% better without surgery when complete. My jaw pain is already eliminated, and feels great. I am posting these photos as there are others that have open bites that are not aware what can be corrected with TADs and braces. Surgery is not the only option.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bracesjack

#11 Post by bracesjack »

I wish I can see your photos (new user) but from reading your post it sounds like you're progressing nicely. I too have an open bite which I am only treating with braces (31 yrs old and surgery sounded way to violent for me). I am having my bottom wisdom teeth removed soon which should help close the bite a little. My doctor did mention the use of "pins/screws" which I'm assuming are TADS to help close the bite. I look forward to hearing more of your progress. Glad I found this site!

playmaker7206

#12 Post by playmaker7206 »

Once you make a certain amount of posts you will then be able to view all photos on this forum.

ajs604

#13 Post by ajs604 »

Fantastic reults. I am sure that with treatment like this now available, surgery will soon become a thing of the past. In the majority of open cases bite surgery can be avoided, its just finding an orthodontist that is willing to try this option!
Started treatment to correct open bite non surgically

My Story so far: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=44572
TAD's inserted into upper pallet 9/5/13
Braces & intrusion appliance fitted 23/5/13 - journey has now fully begun.
1st adjustment 2/07/13

playmaker7206

#14 Post by playmaker7206 »

Here is my latest progress picture @ 11 months into therapy. I am very close to full occlusion.

mapleleafman888

#15 Post by mapleleafman888 »

That sure has closed up nicely!
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!