Do my ligs look stained to you?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Shxyshun

Do my ligs look stained to you?

#1 Post by Shxyshun »

I know it's a pretty dumb question, but they don't really look stained to me. I don't know if it's just cause I see them all the time so I don't notice them changing or what but I expected them to be worse by now. The top picture is when I first got them and the bottom is after 4 weeks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tobilei

Re: Do my ligs look stained to you?

#2 Post by Tobilei »

Nope, look fine to me :) Mine don't really stain (mind you I do avoid turmeric and curry). By the end of an adjustment time the sides near my molars are often a tiny bit orangey/yellow in certain light but otherwise the rest is okay.

Matilda

#3 Post by Matilda »

Nope, they look pretty stainless to me. :wink:

SunshineRay

#4 Post by SunshineRay »

Tobilei wrote:Nope, look fine to me :) Mine don't really stain (mind you I do avoid turmeric and curry). By the end of an adjustment time the sides near my molars are often a tiny bit orangey/yellow in certain light but otherwise the rest is okay.
This is me too! Sometimes they ask do I even want them changed because they still look new. I have wore pearl the whole time Ive been braced.

parsleysage

#5 Post by parsleysage »

I don't see a difference. Very cute lower ligs!

Tashi23

#6 Post by Tashi23 »

I have to make a decision tomorrow on whether i want all metal or upper ceramic and lower metal. I want ceramic on top but i'm scared that it will stain, what color ligs and bands did you have? they seem stain resistant.

Shxyshun

#7 Post by Shxyshun »

@ tashi I just have clear ligs. They really aren't bad for staining so far at all. The only things I do, is immediately brush my teeth after I eat something that might stain, and if I drink coffee or tea or anything else dark, I use a straw. Id say, if you want ceramics, don't let the fear of staining stop you.

Tashi23

#8 Post by Tashi23 »

I've heard some horror stories about staining and knowing me they would get badly stained. I think i'm going to go with ceramic and silver or smoke color ligatures. I heard they are still less noticeable then the brighter ligs and don't stain as much.