Flossing my teeth and this happens?!?!?!?!?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

oimysizex

Flossing my teeth and this happens?!?!?!?!?

#1 Post by oimysizex »

So I was cleaning around my gums with a tooth pic and some of my gum is loose near the root of my tooth. I can move it with the tooth pic?! I'm so worried I don't know if I should go
To the emergency dentist but can't afford it till Friday am I gonna lose my tooth :(

Been in braces foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

oimysizex

Re: Flossing my teeth and this happens?!?!?!?!?

#2 Post by oimysizex »

Receding gums???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nikkibabie19

#3 Post by nikkibabie19 »

Im not seeing the "loose" part ur talking about.

BUt ur gums do look puffy.
Did u just have an adjustment recently? If so then i wont be worried my gums use to be a little swollen after an adjustment too. I think soem people have "pockets in their gums" where stuff gets stuck and u can get infections or whateva.

If not i think u should be ur regular dentist bcuz puffy gums can be a sign of gum disease or another oral problem.

And i dont think toothpics are safe to use to clean teeth. I prefer floss. Toothpics actually create spaces in ur teeth if u keep "picking" ur teeth with them.

Im not an ortho this is just my opinion...

Me with elastics : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46327

FINALLY Me after braces : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46650
[/color]

sirwired

#4 Post by sirwired »

Your gums look like a healthy pink color. All gums have a small "pocket", called the sulcus; this is what you clean out with brushing, (and between teeth, with floss and/or toothpicks.) If you have a little bit of gum overgrowth, the natural wiggling I suppose could look like "loose" gum.

Absent an abscess or a large foreign object jammed down in there, which you'd surely notice, actual damaging gum disease takes months to years to progress. I don't see any need for you to make an emergency dentist appt.

oimysizex

#5 Post by oimysizex »

Now I am worried, my ortho hasn't mentioned Anything about my gums. I had a regular dentist app in October and said my teeth and gums were healthy so
I can't really see it being full blown periodontal disease in that amount of time as I have very good oral hygiene. I was cleaning with dental floss but there was a stubborn bit of plaque so I tried scraping it off with a tooth pic and that's when I realised I could flick the gum with it. That's wha you cannot see it properly in the picture.
I really don't understand how I could possibly have gum disease. No bleeding. No pain if don't see how my gums look puffy they don't not feel it but I greatly appreciate your opinion, thank you. I don't have a dentist appointment till may and an adjustment till next week. My teeth have been tender (top ones too) the past few days.

Can anyone else offer anyone advice???

oimysizex

#6 Post by oimysizex »

Thank you siriwired you have definitely put my mind at ease!

chichi

#7 Post by chichi »

Perfectly normal. Sirwired's explanation is exactly what I would have wanted to say if I could figure out the words lol
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

Mylovedtheeth

#8 Post by Mylovedtheeth »

this puffy gums its because of orthodontic treatment and tooth movement.
I'm debraced after 2 rears and 1 weak of treatment.