Smartclip, Damon, or Cannon?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Yecats99

Smartclip, Damon, or Cannon?

#1 Post by Yecats99 »

I’ve gone to three different orthos and each one uses and recommends a different bracket. I’ve read that it really does not matter which bracket you go with but it does matter about the experience. What are y’alls thoughts? My apt to get braces is this Tuesday, March 18.

Thanks!
Yecats

TMJJill

Re: Smartclip, Damon, or Cannon?

#2 Post by TMJJill »

Really liked my Damon's, but I absolutely agree the experience, training and your confidence in the Orthodontist providing your treatment are top things to consider.

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

sirwired

#3 Post by sirwired »

Pick your orthodontist, not your bracket brand. You use whichever brand of bracket the orthodontist you trust most uses.

Mylovedtheeth

#4 Post by Mylovedtheeth »

I have Cannon, the brackets are bigger than the rest of braces types and cause of that they are worse for cleaning, advantages are for example i can have two wires at one arch at same time or other. I've been asking my ortho why he uses Cannons, he said brackets are just a tools, and the final result should be the same for all braces types.
I'm debraced after 2 rears and 1 weak of treatment.

Featheryy1221

#5 Post by Featheryy1221 »

Like others have said it's the orthodontist's skill and how comfortable you feel with them that really matters. If you're just basing it off looks alone though, I must say I like the way damons look the best. They seem a lot less noticeable and they look tinier. Just my opinion though. :)

Estimated treatment time: 18 months. (6 months- expander, 1 year- braces)
Bonded Rapid Palatal Expander: 10/1/13 - 3/31/14
Upper and Lower Metal Braces: 4/22/14 - 7/14/15
Total treatment time: 21 months

Yecats99

#6 Post by Yecats99 »

Thank you everyone! Great advice and I believe I'm at peace with my choice. Mylovedteeth, when did you get your Cannon braces and what type bracket do you have on?

smpdex

#7 Post by smpdex »

I saw three different orthodontist, and I chose the one who I felt the most comfortable with. I believe either of the other two would have been successful at treating me, but in the end I felt like the office I chose gave me more information.