Single tooth pain

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bracedforthewedding

Single tooth pain

#1 Post by Bracedforthewedding »

So, is it normal for only one tooth to be sore?

I've had my damon brackets on the top for a week now and at first I had the normal soreness for a few days but yesterday and today one tooth is sore...

ljms

Re: Single tooth pain

#2 Post by ljms »

I've had that occasionally. I'm pretty sure it's normal.

Bracedforthewedding

#3 Post by Bracedforthewedding »

ljms wrote:I've had that occasionally. I'm pretty sure it's normal.
Okay thank you! It was super weird it just came on over night, I was hoping that it was sign my teeth are moving! :)

2.25.14 Top brackets and arch wire placed
7.1.14 6 Spacers on bottom teeth
7.10.14 Bottom brackets
12.23.14 First power chain on left upper
2.18.15 Propel Treatment on upper right jaw
3.12.15 Wisdom teeth extraction/ TAD placed in pallet

butlerbulldogfan

#4 Post by butlerbulldogfan »

Well youll notice that. Ive had my Damons 9 months and it just seems like it jumps around where one tooth is sore for couple of days. I just had a back crown one day that out of nowhere was extremely sore and I couldnt bite on it or even touch it with a toothbrush, thought my crown was messed up and then about 3 days later it went away and another tooth started feel sore and it then it stopped after couple days. Yea it'll be kinda weird how it jumps around like that and goes away

caudalie

#5 Post by caudalie »

You're not alone. One of my lateral incisor was so sore, and of course it HAD to be on the day I got my braces tightened. Lesson learned - take pain killers before ortho appointments.

Enchanted

#6 Post by Enchanted »

Each week it feels like I have only one tooth sore and it's a different tooth each time, it's so weird.

Bracedforthewedding

#7 Post by Bracedforthewedding »

Glad I am not going crazy! :)

2.25.14 Top brackets and arch wire placed
7.1.14 6 Spacers on bottom teeth
7.10.14 Bottom brackets
12.23.14 First power chain on left upper
2.18.15 Propel Treatment on upper right jaw
3.12.15 Wisdom teeth extraction/ TAD placed in pallet