New to the forum, first ortho appt in the morning!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

brooks

New to the forum, first ortho appt in the morning!

#1 Post by brooks »

Hey everyone. I have my first ortho consultation scheduled for 8:45 tomorrow morning. Excited and nervous. This will be the first of 4 consultations that I have scheduled.

I'm in the middle of some pretty extensive (to me) dental work because I have had a bit of a dental phobia and let a lot of issues go for way too long. I just recently turned 30 and decided to grow up, get over the phobia, get the necessary work done, and straighten my teeth.

I do have a few questions, mostly concerning extractions (not cosmetic related) and implants, but I will save those for a separate thread. I mostly just want to say Hello and thank you guys for creating such a great space!

TheKT

Re: New to the forum, first ortho appt in the morning!

#2 Post by TheKT »

Good luck tomorrow!

saraapril6907

#3 Post by saraapril6907 »

Good luck and welcome to the board.

sirwired

#4 Post by sirwired »

I don't think implants move at all, so getting ortho soon after extractions done for dental reasons is the right move, with the implants to be done after the major tooth movements are complete. While I don't know precisely how they work around it, I imagine it's not uncommon.

If your extractions are being done by an oral surgeon, perhaps he knows an ortho that you should add to your list. You certainly want an ortho with plenty of experience with adult cases.

kathydell

#5 Post by kathydell »

Welcome! This is a great group of people who are happy to help. Not sure I would have made it through the first year without them :)

gtkimo

#6 Post by gtkimo »

Good luck

brooks

#7 Post by brooks »

It went pretty well! I'm not 100% sold on the ortho that I had the consultation with, but at least it gave me some idea of what to expect. I have another consultation scheduled tomorrow, for an ortho that does Damon, so I will be able to compare pros and cons.

So far, so good! Thank you all for the welcome!

Fionisimma

#8 Post by Fionisimma »

Congratulations on overcoming the dental phobia and moving towards a great healthy smile!

Lorianne

#9 Post by Lorianne »

welcome! you are doing the right thing for yourself!

Enchanted

#10 Post by Enchanted »

This sounds like my story, too scared to do anything and then I was like No! This needs to be done! Good luck!

28andbraced

#11 Post by 28andbraced »

Good luck to you!

mcb012

#12 Post by mcb012 »

Good luck!!