What colors for braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Orwellian

What colors for braces?

#1 Post by Orwellian »

I only got one answer last time, can you please help more this time? :D
I am getting braces on March 4, and will be in them for 18 months. Please help me with what colors I should get! Thanks in advance!

Soon to be a: :tingrin:
Sentence:18 months
Full metal braces
Consultation: January 15, 2014
Bonding: March 4, 2014
1st adjustment: ?
My Story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=46420

boodles8

Re: What colors for braces?

#2 Post by boodles8 »

Colors are a way to personalize your braces. They all work the same way. The red doesn't do anything different than the green. You should choose colors that you like. Ask your ortho what your choices are when you go for appointments. They're sure to have plenty, and you can use as many or as few colors as you want. Personally, I've stuck with one color the whole way through treatment, but I know lots of others who have changed it up. Make yourself happy!
Boodles8

Braced July, 2012
BSSO August, 2013
Debraced October 2, 2014

debinator

#3 Post by debinator »

The sky is the limit- have fun with the colors! I had a variety of colors through out my time in braces- even had glow in the darks once. I will say the glow in the darks were somewhat disappointing as you had to stick a flashlight in your mouth for a good bit of time to get a minute of glow out of them :( try 2 colors alternating I did red and green at Christmas. Good luck and they will be off before you know it!
50 year old kid at heart

My story:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=44406

Debraced 2/25/14 WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

mcb012

#4 Post by mcb012 »

I would say have fun with it as well. You could do favorite color, favorite sports teams colors, school colors, holiday colors, etc. I'm sure whatever you pick they will look good!

djspeece

#5 Post by djspeece »

As a retired naval officer, I'd recommend navy blue and gold!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

JumpTheDitch

#6 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Run a search for older topics on ling colours; there's a great thread from about 6 years ago with lots of suggestions & pics people have posted with their new & favourite colour combos. Good luck :-)

JumpTheDitch

#7 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Damned Autocorrect, 'lig colours', not 'ling'...

Matilda

#8 Post by Matilda »

I always opt for gray or silver but next time I may give black ligatures a try.

WiredOldLady

#9 Post by WiredOldLady »

I had blue and orange for the longest time (My beloved Broncos). I switched to red and green for Christmas. Now I have powerchains in clear on top and bottom :( I'm hoping to get them off and go back to fun colors soon...my next adjustment is on 3/20. We'll see what happens then.
Braces off on 8/26/14 after a year!

TheCarDoctor

#10 Post by TheCarDoctor »

For 8 months I was afraid of getting a color because I didn't want to look childish. Well, my kids talked me into it and yesterday I got green for St Patrick's day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

darshany2d

#11 Post by darshany2d »

metal braces with silver rubber band... 26 years of age :)

cost effectiveness over initial aesthetics

Bracedforthewedding

#12 Post by Bracedforthewedding »

I got black because I feel like it makes my teeth look whiter! I know, super boring!! :)

Matilda

#13 Post by Matilda »

Bracedforthewedding wrote:I got black because I feel like it makes my teeth look whiter! I know, super boring!! :)
Any pictures? :wink:

caudalie

#14 Post by caudalie »

Only had 3 adjustments so far and went with gray or silver. Every visit, I'd tell myself to go for colored ones. But I chicken out and opt for gray/silver. Hopefully on my next visit, I will find the courage to get colored ones. Rooting for pink :)

Shxyshun

#15 Post by Shxyshun »

I have pink/purple on the bottom and then ceramic/clear on the top. I got my braces March 4th too!