Extraction positives, celebrities with extractions!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Angel21

Re: Extraction positives, celebrities with extractions!

#16 Post by Angel21 »

I'm glad this is helping some people :) hopefully we can keep this thread going for a while so it doesn't disappear into oblivion!

Just a few more thoughts on the matter!

If crowding is mild, a palette expander should work. I think all those facial sinking in problems happen when the teeth probably weren't so bad in the first place. So now many are completely discouraged from extractions because of a few bad cases. I think the telling signs are with the twins studies, yes there's a difference, but it doesn't 'ruin' their faces. Yes by all means explore your other options if long term they are much better, but for a lot of us adults extractions are the only way for straight teeth.

^ Sure the one on the left is slightly set back and looks less 'pouty' than his brother, but they had thin lips anyway. So I believe it's mainly a genetic predisposition to developing the facial side effects after.

Tell me how you can fix these teeth without extractions? The palette doesn't appear that narrow, and even if one was used, I doubt enough space can be made in order to straighten them?? The patient probably has an over-jet as a result too, which can't be fixed by a palette expander alone.

It just looks like the person has too many teeth for their mouths!

^ After extractions

embraced13

#17 Post by embraced13 »

[quote="Angel21"]I'm glad this is helping some people :) hopefully we can keep this thread going for a while so it doesn't disappear into oblivion!

Just a few more thoughts on the matter!

If crowding is mild, a palette expander should work. I think all those facial sinking in problems happen when the teeth probably weren't so bad in the first place. So now many are completely discouraged from extractions because of a few bad cases. I think the telling signs are with the twins studies, yes there's a difference, but it doesn't 'ruin' their faces. Yes by all means explore your other options if long term they are much better, but for a lot of us adults extractions are the only way for straight teeth.

[img]http://curetoothdecay.com/blog/wp-conte ... /twins.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9286/56026441.png[/img]

^ Sure the one on the left is slightly set back and looks less 'pouty' than his brother, but they had thin lips anyway. So I believe it's mainly a genetic predisposition to developing the facial side effects after.

[img]http://www.deardoctor.com/images/ddwc/c ... -teeth.jpg[/img]

Tell me how you can fix these teeth without extractions? The palette doesn't appear that narrow, and even if one was used, I doubt enough space can be made in order to straighten them?? The patient probably has an over-jet as a result too, which can't be fixed by a palette expander alone.

It just looks like the person has too many teeth for their mouths!

[img]http://www.deardoctor.com/images/ddwc/c ... ontics.jpg[/img]
^ After extractions[/quote]

My lower set of teeth looks awfully similar to the one u posted. I got my top row extracted. waiting for my ortho to decide when to extract the bottom 2. My top looks great now. 2 months into braces.

Angel21

#18 Post by Angel21 »

Emma Stone:

(a rather unflattering shot, but you can clearly see she's had extractions :P)

Matilda

#19 Post by Matilda »

Angel21 wrote:Image
She has a nice smile, doesn't she?

Bikerchick85

#20 Post by Bikerchick85 »

I had 4 bicuspid extractions and I am so happy with my results so far. I am not finished yet, but I cannot wait to be able to post my end result picture on this thread!! Here are some pics of my progress so far...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MY STORY.. http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=43860

*4 Premolar Extractions-Nov. 29th, 2012*
*Upper Ceramic Braces-Dec. 11, 2012*
*Lower Metal Braces-Feb. 11th, 2013*
*Est. Sentence-24 months*

klipstine1

#21 Post by klipstine1 »

I got my extractions today! So glad that's over. I get my braces on Wednesday and cannot wait to post my after pictures on this thread! :D

Shxyshun

#22 Post by Shxyshun »

This is a great idea. Too bad I am so bad at spotting extractions haha.

laraa

#23 Post by laraa »

Omg I didn't notice them befor
extraction is good for some and bad for other .. it's depending what your teeth are and what you want

Chiharu

#24 Post by Chiharu »

Thank you for this topic and pictures, this is really encouraging!

ron1697

#25 Post by ron1697 »

This very encouraging.

orthoregret

#26 Post by orthoregret »

I totally obsess about this kinda stuff! Love the thread :-) always can tell if someone has had extractions by the laughter lines around the mouth, extractions cause then to be more pronounced but it can look attractive I guess. On me it looks horrible but I had first molars extracted... Any celebs have had this done I wonder.. Highly doubt it cos it causes face to collapse. I have two premolars still but look horrible :-(

lexieplexie

#27 Post by lexieplexie »

Can't appreciate this post enough. Thank you so much. Awesome results. I've been worried my tongue wouldn't fit in my mouth :oops: and that my cheeks would sink and make me look old. It's good to see the positive

BeautifulDisaster

#28 Post by BeautifulDisaster »

This thread is extremely reassuring. I've been recommended for 4 biscuspid extractions (I have severe crowding, similar to the picture posted by Angel21), and I've been nervous about the changes in my profile, as well as the long-term effects. It's definitely eases my mind to see celebrities with great smiles who have had extractions as well.

twentyseven

#29 Post by twentyseven »

I would also like to thank those who started the thread and posted the pics. I will start looking for some more celebs after extractions;)
At work I also noticed one colleague, who apparently had extractions, and his profile still looks OK :)

Troubled

#30 Post by Troubled »

sirwired wrote:Thank you for starting this thread; it's a very good counterpoint to the significant number of threads warning of inevitable Doom and Gloom should you allow an orthodontist to extract teeth.
i dont know what aboth other people who do extractions.
but i do it. but only 2 in the upper jaw. 1 on side.. and im look muce muce batter after all that.
i was 15 when im do it so i was still growing but..
My jaw now more dominant (very prominent and smooth), not a weak loose As average. Not strong because of extractions, it is natural, but it is show its not adversely affected.
My cheekbones prominent, smooth, also the result of a low-fat, but still.
I'm definitely glad i do this because im look muce batter Generality.
maybe a bad orthodontic can distort facial with extractions, not in my case.