Extraction positives, celebrities with extractions!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

aspiromusings

Re: Extraction positives, celebrities with extractions!

#46 Post by aspiromusings »

Another example of a celebrity who really benefited big time from brace work
Blog - http://aspiroisbraced.blogspot.com/

Top Braces on 20th March 2015

Bottom braces on 28th August 2015

Top premolars extracted 25th April 2015

Debraced 15th December 2017 :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-*

Handsdown

#47 Post by Handsdown »

So great to hear some positive extraction stories. There are so many bad things written about extractions but we have to trust that our orthodontists are doing what's best for us. There is no one fix for everyone (if only). I think we all need to trust the professionals A bit more and make sure we ask them questions when we're concerned, not get too dragged into all the negative stories.

bdsfkw

#48 Post by bdsfkw »

I find it hard to tell that people had extractions in the images. Could someone please guide me using images to see if the person had extractions or not?

TyeDyeRainbow

#49 Post by TyeDyeRainbow »

I know this is a late reply, but I just had 4 premolar extractions (which I didn't want to go through but my mom made me because she said it'll "benefit me in the long run") and all I keep reading about is how extractions lead to a terrible facial structure, breathing problems, and jaw problems as you get older. And I hear this is because your teeth are pushed too far into your face and because your teeth can no longer support your skin as well, so it makes your skin sag and/or look sunken in. Obviously you can imagine how terrified I am now. I know these horrible effects that I keep reading about don't happen to everyone who has extractions, but it's so hard to ignore that when those are the only extraction stories you hear about. But I keep coming back to this post because it helps me stay a little positive.

pcspinheiro

#50 Post by pcspinheiro »

Handsdown wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:21 am we have to trust that our orthodontists are doing what's best for us.

Don't! I speak from experience. My goals were completely ignored and I was led down my ortho's path with deceit and lies, with a single focus on teeth. I've read a LOT lately and there seem to be few orthos focused on the face as a whole, they want straight teeth that fit together "by the book", but this may not be for everybody. I was perfectly happy with my class II bite and had no problem whatsoever other than my lower incisors wearing out. Due to my ortho's (never fully disclosed) plan, I now have TMD, pronunciation problems, one less healthy tooth who's gap closure will lead to more issues, and an ugly smile because my front teeth were leveled by their tips. Was this done in my best interest, when all I ever complained about was the wear to my front teeth, which could have been solved by simply aligning the upper teeth and creating some overjet, thus solving my problem (which I specifically asked for)? NO! Had I done all the reading that I have now and things would have played different. I was convinced I needed extraction due to lack of space for all my teeth when my real crowing was only about 2 mm! What I should have been told was that it was a cosmetic fix to disguise a skeletal problem, to which I would have replied; NO WAY IN HELL I'm losing healthy teeth for that. So... DON'T.

Lovespain5

#51 Post by Lovespain5 »

TyeDyeRainbow wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:36 am I know this is a late reply, but I just had 4 premolar extractions (which I didn't want to go through but my mom made me because she said it'll "benefit me in the long run") and all I keep reading about is how extractions lead to a terrible facial structure, breathing problems, and jaw problems as you get older. And I hear this is because your teeth are pushed too far into your face and because your teeth can no longer support your skin as well, so it makes your skin sag and/or look sunken in. Obviously you can imagine how terrified I am now. I know these horrible effects that I keep reading about don't happen to everyone who has extractions, but it's so hard to ignore that when those are the only extraction stories you hear about. But I keep coming back to this post because it helps me stay a little positive.
It depends a lot of your initial problem. If you suffer from bimax protrusion, it can be only beneficial!
:?:-#):mrgreen:

Angel21

#52 Post by Angel21 »

pcspinheiro wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:37 am
Handsdown wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:21 am we have to trust that our orthodontists are doing what's best for us.

Don't! I speak from experience. My goals were completely ignored and I was led down my ortho's path with deceit and lies, with a single focus on teeth. I've read a LOT lately and there seem to be few orthos focused on the face as a whole, they want straight teeth that fit together "by the book", but this may not be for everybody. I was perfectly happy with my class II bite and had no problem whatsoever other than my lower incisors wearing out. Due to my ortho's (never fully disclosed) plan, I now have TMD, pronunciation problems, one less healthy tooth who's gap closure will lead to more issues, and an ugly smile because my front teeth were leveled by their tips. Was this done in my best interest, when all I ever complained about was the wear to my front teeth, which could have been solved by simply aligning the upper teeth and creating some overjet, thus solving my problem (which I specifically asked for)? NO! Had I done all the reading that I have now and things would have played different. I was convinced I needed extraction due to lack of space for all my teeth when my real crowing was only about 2 mm! What I should have been told was that it was a cosmetic fix to disguise a skeletal problem, to which I would have replied; NO WAY IN HELL I'm losing healthy teeth for that. So... DON'T.
Having an incorrect bite can also lead to TMJ issues. :(
Some bites can only be corrected via extractions or surgery (or a combination of both).

Sorry to hear about what happened to you. I agree one shouldn't trust every orthodontist, and there are some cases that shouldn't have been treated with extractions. However, most people who have them tend to have a positive outcome, you just don't hear these as often. It's the same with cosmetic surgeries, there are so many horror stories out there that people tend to think most go wrong.

Here are some other great results:

http://www.thetoothmover.com/temporary/ ... tractions/

I saw 3 orthodontists and only 1 was against extractions. He actually said I would have a narrow and "horrible" smile if I went ahead with extractions. This was completely untrue. In fact my smile is wider now than it's ever been. Orthodontists/dentists even tell me I show a lot of teeth when I smile, and that it's certainly not narrow. I've seen people with a full set of teeth who have a narrower smile than mine.

Not all cases are the same.

Angel21

#53 Post by Angel21 »

Nina Dobrev:

Considered to have a perfect smile by many :D
http://www.fanforum.com/f347/%7Bshimmer ... -63071135/

Stephanie Leonidas:

Angel21

#54 Post by Angel21 »

Miranda Kerr:

Catherine Zeta Jones:

Matthew Lewis:

assertives

#55 Post by assertives »

Angel21 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:55 am Nina Dobrev:

Considered to have a perfect smile by many :D
http://www.fanforum.com/f347/%7Bshimmer ... -63071135/
Her smile is really gorgeous!!

cutiepie2404

#56 Post by cutiepie2404 »

This is making me so excited, I can’t wait until my gaps close. I wonder what were their teeth like before the braces.

It’s impossible for the general population to tell you had extractions, so I’m really excited about that. I can barely tell!

Angel21

#57 Post by Angel21 »

I'm getting pretty good at spotting them! :-* Here's another:

Kim Jisoo:

EmilyTravels

#58 Post by EmilyTravels »

Curious, how can you tell all these celebrities have had extractions? :?:

assertives

#59 Post by assertives »

EmilyTravels wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:40 pm Curious, how can you tell all these celebrities have had extractions? :?:

By looking at the number of premolars they have. The premolars are a distinct shape and are different from the molars and the canines. Found a pretty good image online that illustrates it. For those who have had premolar extractions, you can see that they only have 1 premolar left, and you can pretty much also count how many teeth they have from the centrals up to their 1st molars in some pictures.

Angel21

#60 Post by Angel21 »

Thanks for the pic assertives. I also explained how you can tell on the first page of this thread. :)
The premolars are usually a similar shape. If you can only see one premolar after the canine and what looks like a larger molar right behind it then that person has a missing premolar.

When you know what you’re looking for it becomes pretty easy to spot! Although most people wouldn’t notice.

A couple more:

Katrina Kaif:

Jacqueline Fernandez: