My progress! Almost done? *pics*

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

touchofhiddencharm

My progress! Almost done? *pics*

#1 Post by touchofhiddencharm »

Hello beautiful people. I've had my braces since May 2013 and I have been keeping track of my progress somewhat. I would like to think that id be almost done by next May. I should start working on moving my overbite next adjustment since I have a few small spaces left to close this month. My appt was yesterday. Please let me know what you think about my progress! Am I right to get excited? Do you think he can fix my overbite in four months? The space between the teeth is kind of closed, they just just need to be brought up some (vertically). I also think i will have to get some gum lasered off my top teeth. After starting with so much space from the extractions, the gum has sort of squished together and it doesn't look cool. Lol. But I'll stop rambling now. Let me know what you think please. Thanks. The pics are comparing my first month with braces and today.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

touchofhiddencharm

Re: My progress! Almost done? *pics*

#2 Post by touchofhiddencharm »

Oh and my bite is pretty much aligned perfectly. He says it looks great so my rubber band wear will be minimal, and only for the overbite.

touchofhiddencharm

#3 Post by touchofhiddencharm »

Wow!!!!!!! So many views but no one wants to reply? That sucks. I just want to know what you guys think.

ceramic mouth

#4 Post by ceramic mouth »

I think your teeth are on track.. i can't of course tell if you'll be done by may.. but your progress seems to be excellent . Good for you :jump:

Anna5

#5 Post by Anna5 »

Great progress!!! Your teeth are very well aligned now and I don't think your overbite is very obvious, so I think you are are on track. Good luck with the last part of your treatment!

Lorianne

#6 Post by Lorianne »

wow, your teeth look really awesome. Nice job!!

lana23

#7 Post by lana23 »

You're moving along nicely. !

kathydell

#8 Post by kathydell »

Wow! Such great progress! Only your ortho can tell you when you might be ready to be done so definitely ask. Just don't be disappointed if he/she isn't quite sure yet. The triangle elastics usually used to work on your overbite are a little tough to get used to in the beginning but if you can suck it up and push your way through it to wear them all the time except for eating and brushing, the results happen fairly quickly. At least, they did fo rme.

touchofhiddencharm

#9 Post by touchofhiddencharm »

Thanks everyone! It's not May and I'm still braced. Next goal is off before Christmas! Here's hoping. I also posted a new post with updated pictures! :) good luck to everyone and their journeys as well

Jewels

#10 Post by Jewels »

Wow -- great transformation! We're you surprised that you were told another 6 months? I find it very difficult to really predict how long this process takes. Best thing for me is to stop obsessing on the end date but that is difficult to do!

Good luck!

touchofhiddencharm

#11 Post by touchofhiddencharm »

Yes I was super surprised to be told that but I talked with him at my last adjustment and he says that my braces will def be off by Christmas so yay me!!

Anna5

#12 Post by Anna5 »

WOW, you will debanded before the end of this year, I am very happy for you!
I think your teeth look beautiful.

touchofhiddencharm

#13 Post by touchofhiddencharm »

Anna5 wrote:WOW, you will debanded before the end of this year, I am very happy for you!
I think your teeth look beautiful.

Thanks a lot! I'm very excited.