tomorrow is the big day!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sirwired

Re: tomorrow is the big day!

#16 Post by sirwired »

What kind of brackets are those? I don't recognize that style... They look nice, and less likely to trap food.

metalmomma

#17 Post by metalmomma »

I did ask what kind they were and can not remember what they said :/ the archwire goes into a slot and a pin resembling a small railroad spike goes into a tube and holds the archwire in and is then bent around the bracket. So far they have been really easy to keep clean and haven't trapped much food :)

metalmomma

#18 Post by metalmomma »

Well, I didn't even have my braces on for 48 hours and I had a bracket pop off. So while I had my appt to get it fixed I asked about the brackets I have. I was told the office uses the BEGG technique. After the initial soft archwire, the doctors custom bend archwires during treatment and the brackets allow for low friction and have a smaller contact point with the archwire and allow teeth more movement. They said each patient gets a unique treatment and achieve better results.

BracesB4Thirty

#19 Post by BracesB4Thirty »

Great pics. I'm glad could fix your broken bracket so quickly. When is your first adjustment?

metalmomma

#20 Post by metalmomma »

My first adjustment is on Feb 10th! But unfortunately I will be going back in on Thursday (was supposed to go yesterday but my son has the flu and it's snowing pretty good today) to get another bracket fixed. The first one spontaneously popped off by itself, but this one was an accident. My daughter (9months old) and I were admiring our teeth in hand mirrors and out of nowhere she snacked me square in the mouth with hers! Popped the bracket right off my top front tooth (which is a full porcelain crown and I was warned would probably pop off a few times during treatment). Luckily it didn't hurt and the only damage is the bracket pulled clean off the tooth. Hopefully after this one is fixed I won't have any more come off!