Newbie on board!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SunshineRay

Re: Newbie on board!

#16 Post by SunshineRay »

Hi and welcome! Time really does fly. I am at almost 8 months and it feels like I was just debating on if I should really do it or not.

DaisySmith

#17 Post by DaisySmith »

Hi, I'm new too. Four days in although I feel I am cheating slightly as I have six months braces although trust me, the pain is still the same! I'd love to know how you're getting on?

skaterpdx

#18 Post by skaterpdx »

I am a week in and really have cut back on the grazing because I don't want to clean my braces, again...

debinator

#19 Post by debinator »

Welcome!

I still feel like a newbie and I am getting debraced on february 25th. I was originally told that my treatment would take 16-18 months- I am at 10 months uppers and 7 months lowers and ready to be debraced! Ortho said the change in time was partially due to how compliant I was. I brush after every meal, floss regularly, use the brush pics, water pic twice daily and get my teeth cleaned every 3 months. (I have had past periodontal issues and am on an every 3 month cleaning schedule anyway).

Good luck to you! Use lots of wax BEFORE you get too sore. If you wait till it hurts you will be miserable. At the first sign of rubbing discomfort apply wax-it could turn out to be your best friend for the duration of your braces!
50 year old kid at heart

My story:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=44406

Debraced 2/25/14 WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Shiry

#20 Post by Shiry »

Hello I am a newbie also! Glad to meet you!

DaisySmith

#21 Post by DaisySmith »

Great advice debinator, you must be so excited at the prospect of such an early release! Good for you. I'm sure if people knew just how much impact such a rigorous cleaning routine might have for an early debracing they'd be really enthusiastic about it!

breysanchez

#22 Post by breysanchez »

I am new as well, 5 days with Damon braces and looking forward to this journey. I've had my share of shredding inside my cheeks and lips sucked to my braces lol but I've since became best friends with wax and good old H20 to curb those effects.

ilovedexter

#23 Post by ilovedexter »

I'm new too. Still going through the painful stage but I'm very optimistic. I've waited most of my life for this so I will endure with a closed, mouth smile, haha.