Fast braces newbie

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ambs1283

Fast braces newbie

#1 Post by Ambs1283 »

Hi, I have now had fast braces for 11 weeks and I am looking for others with fastbraces to share and compare experiences. So far I have seen really good results, my teeth have straightened up no end, however, at my last visit to the dentist I had some shaving done and I have been experiencing awful sensitivity pain since. Is this normal? Should I be worried? Will it get better?!!

sirwired

Re: Fast braces newbie

#2 Post by sirwired »

Yes, sensitivity after shaving is normal. Sensitive toothpaste and fluoride treatments can both be helpful. Some of the sensitivity may be permanent, depending on how much shaving was done, but it shouldn't be crippling, just "don't willy-nilly chomp down into an ice-cream cone" kind of sensitivity.

Ambs1283

#3 Post by Ambs1283 »

Thanks, the pain does seem to come and go, believe me, ice cream is definitely off the menu!!

emilyvonstroodle

#4 Post by emilyvonstroodle »

Are fastbraces similar to the inman aligner? I'm 3 weeks in to treatment and my teeth are no longer sensitive. Sometimes I am unaware of the pressure also, and fear it isn't working as I haven't noticed any movement yet :S

Ambs1283

#5 Post by Ambs1283 »

Hi I just googled the Inman aligned, don't think it's similar to fastbraces. Fastbraces are fixed braces.
Don't be disheartened if you haven't seen much movement yet, I'm sure you will x

KMC

#6 Post by KMC »

Hi Ambs
Just wondering how you're getting on with Fastbraces?
I am considering getting either these or 6 month smiles but I don't seem to be able to find a lot of info on Fastbraces.