anyone tried an acceledent?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cs19860

Re: anyone used an acceledent?

#16 Post by cs19860 »

I'm about to get my braces off 5 months early thanks to Acceledent (13 months instead of the projected 18+). My device was $800 from my orthodontist, it sped up the process and really eased the pain after adjustments. I thought it was a scam at first too, but my orthodontist said he had participated in some patient trials, and after some research I decided it was worth a try. So glad I did! My device gave out after a year but Acceledent just sent me a new one. Now I don't even need it, but so happy to get my braces off! I have a blog detailing my journey with progress photos if interested. I hope it helps someone, because I couldn't find much information when I started my journey:
acceledentbraces.blogspot.com

Sahara5107

#17 Post by Sahara5107 »

Cs19860,
would you be willing to sell me your Acceledent? My ortho doesn't use them, but said if I get one on my own he'd help me use it. :-) I'd like to speed up my process to have my braces off for my wedding :-) Please let me know. Email: sahara5107@gmail.com
I would be greatly appreciated :-)

cs19860

#18 Post by cs19860 »

It's funny, I see a lot of people in this forum who felt the same way as me- initially I thought Acceledent was a scam. I had never heard of it and my orthodontist mentioned it briefly during my consultation. I did some research, but there wasn't much out there about it. I thought, how could the same technology that my electric toothbrush uses shift my teeth? And I also wondered if my orthodontist was getting a kickback for getting patients to use it. I straight up asked him that at my next appointment and he told me had particpated in clinical trials with his patients who used it. I guess these were actually published in journals. He was a believer. He also said he gives them to patients at the exact same cost he purchases them in bulk. So the prospects of getting braces off early was enough to get me to sign up. I'm glad I did - braces are coming off 5 months early! I started a blog documenting my progress because I wanted other people to have resources when making their decision. I wish I had found a blog like this when I started. http://acceledentbraces.blogspot.com/

Leeshlund

#19 Post by Leeshlund »

I have it I love it helps move your teeth faster!! Plus my pain is less after adjustments!! Ortho said 18 months sooooo I guess I'll know it works if they come off sooner lol

djspeece

#20 Post by djspeece »

My ortho did not dismiss it out of hand, and indicated that it was based on physiology that was well understood. He just doesn't offer it, not sure why. He actually seemed supportive of it. In my next life, if I need braces because of my orthodontic sins in this life (yeah, you know the thread) I would definitely look into this therapy. As is it is now, I hope to be out of these things in about 3 months hopefully.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

mikeb

#21 Post by mikeb »

i have used it for last 4 months, went from changing invisalign every 2 weeks to 1 week..only way my orthodontist would help me speed it up. will be done in a few weeks, under 12 months, was supposed to be 15-18 months.. great device!!

SMerten

#22 Post by SMerten »

Big acceledent fan here. I also thought it sounded suspicious but I didn't want to spend forever in braces so I gave it a try. I found it odd that orthodontist don't really encourage it, it worked remarkably well. It decreased my treatment time by nearly a year and I felt like my teeth hurt less when I used it. I just finished treatment and I'm looking to sell the device (have a small and large attachment if anyone wants those :/). Will sell for $700 if anyone is interested.

SMerten

#23 Post by SMerten »

Contact information is srmerten@aol.com. Thanks!

mick

#24 Post by mick »

I have just completed my treatment and have an Acceledent (used) that I would be willing to sell to someone who wants one for $600.00/best offer. The device was new as of July 2013.

As you know, you will have to get your own mouthpiece.

My contact email is: mmxi_2@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Mick

Carla565

#25 Post by Carla565 »

Hi, I have just finished my Invisalign treatment, with a little help from Acceledent! It's amazing it cut my treatment time in half! I'm now looking to sell mine after only 5 months of use. I'm in the UK, if anyone's interested in buying it please contact me at carla565@outlook.com. Thanks

cchester

#26 Post by cchester »

Hello!

I also just finished treatment for 4 months and used acceledent the whole time. I was skeptical at first, but it really works and cut my treatment time in half!! It was also very simple to incorporate acceledent into my day. I'm hoping to resell my device and recoup some of the $1400 that I paid initially. I'm hoping to sell for $400, but am open to negotiating!

Please let me know if you're interested!

freysmiles

#27 Post by freysmiles »

Having completed several hundred cases using Acceledent I can attest to its effectiveness. It does sound too good to be true, If you want to see a few treated cases, here is a fun video I put together: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbmmhFMQl8s

There have been a lot of questions raised in this forum, so I want to try and clear them up:

-> DO NOT BUY THEM SECOND HAND. They are designed to stop working after 18mo of once daily use, so you'll be stuck with one that goes dead on you with no means of replacing it.

-> Due to more efficient treatment and better outcomes, we include Acceledent in the cost of care for most patients when tooth movement (and not growth) is the limiting factor.

-> It does allow teeth to move 30-50% faster, but much of how fast treatment proceeds has to do with the skill of your orthodontist and biologic variation between individuals. Most patients we treat with it are done with treatment in 6-12 months.

-> It also helps with comfort.

Our office is also a part of a clinical trial using photobiomodulation with a device called OrthoPulse (an LED light) to accomplish the same things as Acceledent. I welcome any questions you have.
Scott Frey DDS, MSD
Board Certified Orthodontist, FreySmiles Orthodontics
Speaker, Invisalign, Henry Schein Orthodontics
Founder, MorethanSmiles.org
AAOF Vanguard & Keystone Societies
Certificate of Orthodontics/Master's in Dentistry, University of Colorado
Fellow, World Congress of Minimally Invasive Dentistry
Faculty/Fellow, American Academy of Facial Esthetics
Top Writer 2012, '13, Quora

Font29

#28 Post by Font29 »

Hello, I have an Acceledent with a small mouthpiece. I only used it for one year to speed up my final Invisalign treatment plan. I wished I had done it from the start! Email me if interested to buy or for more details. Have a great day! cfontinel29@gmail.com

Aballeh

#29 Post by Aballeh »

cchester - what is your contact info?

cchester

#30 Post by cchester »

Aballeh, email me at cchester@stanford.edu and we will discuss!