Intro - new Damon wearer

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TheKT

Re: Intro - new Damon wearer

#16 Post by TheKT »

I have been on elastics from day one. I also have clear top and metal bottom. I will do anything (compliance wise) to get these things off sooner than the initial projected time of 18-22 mos.

pmonique3

#17 Post by pmonique3 »

Hello & good luck.

I am new to the website and also have began my journey with Damon Braces also at the age of 36. I have metal top & bottom and it has been 3 weeks for me. I had mine put in on Valentine's Day!! I hope you will post updates of your journey. My sentence is 2 years so I have awhile to go but I am looking forward to the outcome.

TheKT

#18 Post by TheKT »

I will and you do the same please

Chicken

#19 Post by Chicken »

I have had my Damon brackets 1 year today. One more adjustment before they come off can't wait. Welcome and the best of luck.

charm0401

#20 Post by charm0401 »

good luck :)

Realizingadream

#21 Post by Realizingadream »

I have had my Damons for quite a while now. Let's see, January 2012 for the bottom arch; then June 2012 for the top arch. The braces and life in general lately have been exciting adventures. My job got outsourced, I went back to school and spent 18 months entering a new career, I'm now hired and working and happy; and looking forward to getting my braces off. Somewhere in there my oldest who had moved back home to get herself a college education, finished that, got the impressive credential, found an old high school friend who she married and moved back out! Now she has the job of her dreams (like me) and everything is good! It has been a very interesting few years indeed. The braces have been a trial at times, but my teeth really needed the help and I am so happy I took a chance and straightened them. I honestly didn't realize they were as crooked as they were, until I was into treatment.
Real

Lorianne

#22 Post by Lorianne »

Realizingadream wrote:I have had my Damons for quite a while now. Let's see, January 2012 for the bottom arch; then June 2012 for the top arch. The braces and life in general lately have been exciting adventures. My job got outsourced, I went back to school and spent 18 months entering a new career, I'm now hired and working and happy; and looking forward to getting my braces off. Somewhere in there my oldest who had moved back home to get herself a college education, finished that, got the impressive credential, found an old high school friend who she married and moved back out! Now she has the job of her dreams (like me) and everything is good! It has been a very interesting few years indeed. The braces have been a trial at times, but my teeth really needed the help and I am so happy I took a chance and straightened them. I honestly didn't realize they were as crooked as they were, until I was into treatment.
Real
what an awesome "real" story and so glad ALL of your dreams (and your daughters too) are coming to fruition! very cool! same as you, I had no idea how crooked my teeth were either until I got my braces. Now I'm so amazed at the changes taking place! I can't wait to see the final result someday.