eek braces on tuesday!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kelse

eek braces on tuesday!

#1 Post by kelse »

Hey all

Spacers are in place, braces on tuesday - first steps in a loooong journey! :D

mapleleafman888

Re: eek braces on tuesday!

#2 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Congrats! Hope all goes well for you.
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

Ellabelle

#3 Post by Ellabelle »

Congrats! Such an exciting/nerve-wrecking time! The installation of the braces is no big deal. No pain, just gross taste and having your cheeks in retractors for a long time. Bring lip balm. And keep us posted! You'll do great!

Oh, and eat whatever you want this weekend!! Enjoy it while you can. :)

chloespeaks

#4 Post by chloespeaks »

yes, make SURE to bring lip balm. if possible, if you have a break, reapply! balm will wear off, and if lips get dry, more likely to crack. i bring mine at each adjustment as i have a small mouth and they are stretching everything everytime!

kelse

#5 Post by kelse »

Ok. Lip balm - check!
Eat loads of yummy things - check!
Thanks for the advice & support x

playmaker7206

#6 Post by playmaker7206 »

I am getting my spacers this week, in preparation for braces after Christmas.

1. How sore were your teeth from this?
2. How many days until soreness went away?

Dana6

#7 Post by Dana6 »

Hi kelse! I'm getting my braces on Tuesday also! 8 am appointment. I'm really nervous but also excited. I'm also a little concerned that I won't be able to eat any of the yummy meals we are going to over the holidays! Good luck to you and thanks everyone about the advice on the lip balm!

Matilda

#8 Post by Matilda »

Good luck on Tuesday, kelse.

MelRoberg

#9 Post by MelRoberg »

Good luck!

The whole procedure really goes by quickly and is not painful at all. the pain starts to hit a couple of hours later and I think hits full swing by day two and three. I am day three now and hoping it doesn't get worse than this.

All the best, just keep the end result in mind.

kelse

#10 Post by kelse »

Thanks all for the advice & support.

I have found the spacers quite annoying as the feeling of having something stuck between your teeth is really irritating!But it's only for a short time then the real fun will start on Tuesday! !

I'm apprehensive but know that for the health of my teeth and an improved profile it is the best course of action.

The support&advice on this forum is invaluable - thank you x

mommyof4

#11 Post by mommyof4 »

Good luck with everything. I just got my braces on 5 days ago and finally beginning to eat regular food. Make sure you keep motrin close by. It definitely does getting better.

MrsCharisma

#12 Post by MrsCharisma »

Congrats for starting your journey!

I had to get 12 spacers 1 week before my appointment. My molars were so tight that she had to thread the spacer in place using floss. It was very tender for days. And you can't really chew so load up on soup or mashed potatoes or other things that can be swallowed easily yet are filling.

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=45175

Female, 34
Braced: 1/24/13 (upper) and 5/3/13 (lower)
Sentence: 18-24 months
Ceramic uppers, metal lowers

[/url]

kitkat1

#13 Post by kitkat1 »

Congratulations and good luck! Hope it goes well.

klobird

#14 Post by klobird »

Good luck tomorrow--you will be thrilled with the changes you see along the way!

kelse

#15 Post by kelse »

Dana6 wrote:Hi kelse! I'm getting my braces on Tuesday also! 8 am appointment. I'm really nervous but also excited. I'm also a little concerned that I won't be able to eat any of the yummy meals we are going to over the holidays! Good luck to you and thanks everyone about the advice on the lip balm!
Good luck today dana6! X