small teeth?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

agrace90

small teeth?

#1 Post by agrace90 »

So I'm six months in and am happy with my progress so far. Major improvements and changes. One thing I noticed recently is my teeth are tiny. Everyone's pictures have nice long straight teeth that are at least average normal looking by I have these little nubs. :( all my teeth are on the small side but specifically my front side teeth. Not the two front but the top ones next to my canines are my main concern. I have a small mouth so I assume small teeth go with that but I'm just concerned once they straighten out they will look funny. Anyone have any similar situation? Even your opinion would be great to hear. Thanks.

Looking at the picture you can see the brackets practically cover my entire tooth. I have the Damon brackets as well which are supposedly smaller than typical braces but don't look like it on mine!

jtsang

Re: small teeth?

#2 Post by jtsang »

I think I must have small teeth as well..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BracesB4Thirty

#3 Post by BracesB4Thirty »

Both of your teeth look fine to me, not too small. I'd say that's the average size...

EmBee

#4 Post by EmBee »

I have the opposite reaction....after comparing to other's photos I feel like my teeth are GINORMOUS...especially considering I also have a small mouth! :lol:

Anna5

#5 Post by Anna5 »

I think your teeth look all fine, whether a bit small or a little bit big. Some people have smaller teeth, others have bigger teeth, it is just what you are born with and that makes us all unique.

allymac

#6 Post by allymac »

I think your teeth look lovely! They're really straight and pretty, they don't look too small in reaction to your mouth, they look a good size.

samoorelaw

#7 Post by samoorelaw »

My teeth are even smaller. See for yourself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Braces removed for 3rd and final time July 14, 2016!!!!

Permanent 8 crowns front 8 teeth (upper) January 30, 2015

Braces removed again December 3, 2014!!

Partial braces re-installation September 25, 2014

Braces removed September 4, 2014!

samoorelaw

#8 Post by samoorelaw »

I should show my teeth as they appear now after my last adjustment. We did bracket repositioning on my two front teeth on top and he also shaved the teeth down to make them appear more even. It appears he used smaller brackets than before because it doesn't look like my teeth are completely covered by the brackets. I just hate the appearance of my teeth: I look at people's after pics on here and I doubt my teeth will ever look beautiful after my surgery (in either January or February) and braces are done. Wonder if this is even worth the trouble and pain.

I apologize for how big the picture is but I don't know how to shrink it.
Braces removed for 3rd and final time July 14, 2016!!!!

Permanent 8 crowns front 8 teeth (upper) January 30, 2015

Braces removed again December 3, 2014!!

Partial braces re-installation September 25, 2014

Braces removed September 4, 2014!