Just wanted to share - braces off

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bracesagain2

Just wanted to share - braces off

#1 Post by bracesagain2 »

Hello - after almost 3 years I finally got my braces off today. :D

Can't believe that day was actually here and that I got them off. It feels surreal to me. And it feels weird/funny not to have my braces on.

Just want to encourage those of you in braces that in the end it's totally worth it. All the agonizing, painful, inconvenient things we have to do while we have braces is worth the effort and results.
And while you do have your braces - it feels like it takes forever, but the time does fly by.
Even my assistant was asking, "where did the 3 years go?"

Trust me - there were times I wanted to rip my braces off. It was a real pain flossing, water pick, rinsing and brushing after each meal at home and in public.

Thanks to everyone for the support here! :) Now I will probably be posting about retainers/post treatment. I see there's another section for that.

Timetoshine

Re: Just wanted to share - braces off

#2 Post by Timetoshine »

Heheh - I know its worth it, but I agree with your comment about wanting to rip them off sometimes... I often think I would like to 'BRUSH' them off when I am doing my last brushing of the day!!

Congrats and thanks for the encouragement. Smile broadly!!
[/url]

Anna5

#3 Post by Anna5 »

Congratulations with your debanding!!! I hope you are happy with your teeth and wish you all the best, and lots of smiles, in the future! Thanks for all your messages and great encouragement!

Anna

Anna5

#4 Post by Anna5 »

Hello!

Maybe you could post a before and after picture? (but only if you want of course) That is always so great and encouraging to see!

Anna

Dirigible

#5 Post by Dirigible »

Congrats! Very inspiring indded :) But it's true what you say - if you think time flies by, just wait until you get braced... My life seems a lot slower than usual now. I'll have to learn to enjoy the little thinks, I guess :)

Matilda

#6 Post by Matilda »

Congratulations on your debanding!

Bikerchick85

#7 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Congrats!! Pictures please!! We all wanna see your beautiful smile!

MY STORY.. http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=43860

*4 Premolar Extractions-Nov. 29th, 2012*
*Upper Ceramic Braces-Dec. 11, 2012*
*Lower Metal Braces-Feb. 11th, 2013*
*Est. Sentence-24 months*

djspeece

#8 Post by djspeece »

Congrats. The road seems long sometimes.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Matilda

#9 Post by Matilda »

djspeece wrote:Congrats. The road seems long sometimes.
What is your estimated treatment time, Dan?

bracesagain2

#10 Post by bracesagain2 »

Hello - thank you everyone for your well wishes.

Dan - I know how you feel - going through the treatment, I thought that day would never come for me to get my braces off.

I was actually supposed to get them off around 2 yrs. but ended up going almost 3 yrs. with them on.

Hang in there.

Now I'm all paranoid my teeth is starting to shift.

And sometimes it still bugs me that my midline is off. But there's nothing I can do about that. My teeth do look great b/c he fixed the crossbite.
And they seem straighter. My ortho and the staff said it looks beautiful - but of course they have to say that - right? :wink:

I'm embarrassed - but how do you post pictures? Is there a section on how to do that?

Anna5

#11 Post by Anna5 »

Hello Bracesagain2,

I am sure that, despite the few imperfections like your midline, your teeth look beautiful now! It is so great that your ortho fixed your crossbite!
I am looking forward to seeing your before-after pictures!
When you type your message, you can also attach files. Below there is a field 'upload attachnment; where you can chose a file from your computer. Then click on the button 'add the file' and the file is attached! You can also write a file comment in the field. I hope this helps a bit....

Anna

djspeece

#12 Post by djspeece »

Matilda wrote:
djspeece wrote:Congrats. The road seems long sometimes.
What is your estimated treatment time, Dan?
I had my Damons applied in September 2012, and the projection is to finish in September 2014. Finally the molars are moving a bit to eliminate some gaps in the back!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

LawStudentBraceFace

#13 Post by LawStudentBraceFace »

Congratulations! SO jealous, but happy for you!!

I've had mine on for two months now... Doctors say two years... but I think we all know what that means lol

BracesB4Thirty

#14 Post by BracesB4Thirty »

Congrats bracesagain2, did you get your retainers already?