levelling lower incisors

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Anna5

levelling lower incisors

#1 Post by Anna5 »

Here is the progress in the levelling of my lower incisors. Compare week 12 (last pictures) to week 35 (first two pictures). I think there is quite some difference!
Or what do you think?

But they are still defnitely not all the same height. My ortho said he might file off a bit at the end of the treatment to make them more level, but is it not better to intrude the teeth to make them level? Or to reposition brackets to achieve this? Or can it be done just with archwires? How did your orthos do this and was it succesful?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bikerchick85

Re: levelling lower incisors

#2 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Hey Anna! You have made great progress!! I'm at 11 months almost and mine were just getting level. My ortho repositions brackets and uses different archwires to achieve leveling. Shaving the teeth would be a last option for sure. At my last appointment I had brackets repositioned to try to get rid of a huge black triangle I have between my lower central incisors, so those two teeth are lower right now. We'll see what they do next :)

MY STORY.. http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=43860

*4 Premolar Extractions-Nov. 29th, 2012*
*Upper Ceramic Braces-Dec. 11, 2012*
*Lower Metal Braces-Feb. 11th, 2013*
*Est. Sentence-24 months*

Anna5

#3 Post by Anna5 »

Hello Bickerchick,

Thanks for your kind and encouraging reply. I am also very happy with my progress! I hope my ortho can do something with archwires and repositioning brackets for levelling, because filing down should be a last option I think.... I keep you updated!

starfish88

#4 Post by starfish88 »

It will depend on why they are uneven I think. Your ortho will probably get the roots in line with repositioning brackets / bends then use bonding/filing to match the tops up if needed. Great progress!

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

mapleleafman888

#5 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Hey Anna5, I'm glad you posted this---I have the same problem with my lowers. According to my ortho, high front teeth can be push down with a reverse curve wire, also they can do an intrusion bend in the wire...just google for photo's. I think in extreme cases they would put a temporary anchorage device (TAD) which is a screw in the lower jaw for elastics to be hooked onto the teeth so they can be pulled down.

It looks like you have made progress in that area, still looks a bit high to me though. Best of luck, hope you can work a plan out with your ortho.
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

Anna5

#6 Post by Anna5 »

Thanks for your messages. I will ask my ortho about it next time. I prefer initruding teeth to filing down, so I hope my ortho can do this with repositioning of brackets, bends in the archwire or a reverse curve archwire.