Your before, during, after, now pictures please.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

fosterp

Re: Your before, during, after, now pictures please.

#31 Post by fosterp »

Lalaloo wrote:Wow, i am really impressed. I am only in my 7th day with braces, but seeing MrsCharisma's pictures I was wondering why do we have to wear braces for 18-24-26 months if the teeth are strenghtening in only 9 or 10 months. I am wearing braces for crowded upper teeth. If they will look good in less than a year, can I ask my ortho to remove my braces (and put my fixed retainer on, of course) since they are not working on my overjet or something else?
Your teeth will look "straight" to a lay person because the only thing you are really seeing is the alignment of each tooth in relation to the one next to it.

The complicated part of orthodontics isn't making the arches aligned, its making your bite come together in a functional way. If your bite was perfect once your teeth were aligned, you teeth would have never become crooked in the first place. Your teeth become misaligned because they have to adapt into a functional bite when your jaws aren't perfectly aligned.

The year or so of adjustments after teeth look "straight" is where your bite is being corrected so that the result will be stable. If you didn't have a good bite, your teeth would just relapse to where they were before in order to find a stable bite.

There is no "stabilizing period" for your teeth - that period is the year after your braces are off when you are wearing your retainer for the maximum time. The dr. will be moving your teeth all the way up to the day of deband.

Lalaloo

#32 Post by Lalaloo »

Thank you, fosterp, for your message.
My baby teeth were still in their place when my adult teeth came out, so they came out crooked. My adult teeth are also very big and they have always been crowded. My arch is not narrow (not at all) and the ortho never mentioned bite problems. My x-rays showed that my wisdom molars are missing, I will never have them and that "space" will be used for pulling my teeth back (no need for additional extractions).
This is why I was hoping to reduce my sentence :) :). But I will obey my ortho... :).

Tlal23

#33 Post by Tlal23 »

Nw2 your teeth are amazing!

samoorelaw

#34 Post by samoorelaw »

Here are mine. Almost done! Sorry for how big the most recent pic is: I resized down as much as I could.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Braces removed for 3rd and final time July 14, 2016!!!!

Permanent 8 crowns front 8 teeth (upper) January 30, 2015

Braces removed again December 3, 2014!!

Partial braces re-installation September 25, 2014

Braces removed September 4, 2014!

millersgirl

#35 Post by millersgirl »

I've had my bottom braces on for about three months.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Leebie3

#36 Post by Leebie3 »

one year :) and my smile with jaw relaxed and again with how it *should* look after surgery at the end of this month :)

38yr old Mum to 3 (2 teens and a preppie) living in paradise with her man. BSSO surgery approx late April 2014!

Shxyshun

#37 Post by Shxyshun »

Ignore the weird colors on my teeth. That was right after I gt them put on and apparently he made marks haha.

tamiddavis

#38 Post by tamiddavis »

Got my braces on March 17th, I get my second adjustment next Friday. My orthodontist is waiting to see if/which teeth to pull, but says I'll probably have 2 on top and 2 on bottom pulled.