What do you think of my progress photos?! (Small concern..)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Timetoshine

What do you think of my progress photos?! (Small concern..)

#1 Post by Timetoshine »

Hi! So it's been about 6 months since I was braced. Pleased with progress- hat a treat to have straight front teeth!!!! Fully braced as of yesterday when the ortho put on last molar bands at the very back.

My concern is that during treatment my lower arch and teeth have 'risen up' and are higher than my back lower teeth- it's very noticeable from side on. See the photos. Has anyone else experienced this and how do they fix it??? It wasn't like this before braces... Ortho has agreed it is a 'problem' (his words) at this stage but he didn't go into more detail than saying that. Is it 'fixable' with the normal treatment process??

Oh, and my lower midline is off, but I know that'll be fixed along the way :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[/url]

Anna5

Re: What do you think of my progress photos?! (Small concern

#2 Post by Anna5 »

Hello!

Just to encourage you and to tell you that you are not the only one with this problem. I am 7 months in and my lower teeth look almost the same as yours (even worse I think...). But my ortho said he can fix it, I think by intruding the teeth a bit and/ or filing them down. I hope we get rid of this problem soon. Good luck with your treatment!

Anna5

#3 Post by Anna5 »

And I forgot to say, congratulations with your already amazing progress!!!!

kids041

#4 Post by kids041 »

my lower teeth have started to do this as well!! I asked my ortho about it and he said that (in my case at least), since my teeth are still crowded on the lower part, that the teeth are just moving and adjusting to allow room for the rotated teeth to fit in. UGH! I hate how they look!! they were not that way before I started!!. I know that I have a deep curve of spee- and that my lower side molars will be brought up in later treatment (I am only 2 months in), but in the mean time- all I can see are those darn high lower laterals!! :ThumbsDown:

Lorianne

#5 Post by Lorianne »

to me, they don't look any higher now than they were before, except now they are straight!

Timetoshine

#6 Post by Timetoshine »

Ahhh- Curve of Spee- it's given me something to google hehe !! That's what it is! Interesting how you learn new things all the time. Hoping my ortho just sees it as another thing to do in the process and that its not a biggie and doesn't get worse. I have full faith in his knowledge and skill so know he will make the correct decision. Thanks :)
[/url]

NW2

#7 Post by NW2 »

WOW! Your 6 month results are amazing! At least your ortho agreed there is a "problem" so you don't have to do any convincing.