Official 25 and Up Braces Room

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

PeaceWaves001

Re: Official 25 and Up Braces Room

#31 Post by PeaceWaves001 »

nellarmonia wrote:I'm 6 days shy of 32 and I've had my braces for 4 months. Congrats on taking the plunge and good luck with your treatment!
Hey thanks!!! How's it going for you? any tips? The wax is now my best friend!

PeaceWaves001

#32 Post by PeaceWaves001 »

Lorianne wrote:
PeaceWaves001 wrote:@Lorianne Thanks! Lol, the "lip thing" has been going on for the entire day and I don't see in stopping soon! lol! That's great to hear, the closed lip position is definitely tough! it just feels wrong....I cant recall the specific name of my tooth brush at the moment ( Im at work ) but It gets the job done! I remember a dentist referring an electric to me but I was a brick wall at the time. lol. I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to use that wax soon! These braces are taking advantage of my mouth!
me too (brick wall! sigh...)! yeah, use the wax, trust me, you deserve it! especially at night for bed. How is Day 2? I am one week today and WOW, for the first time, I am actually feeling more normal today than any previous day. I'm beginning to forget sometimes that they are on! OMG! That's huge progress that I honestly didn't think would happen.
I have learned the ways of the wax!!! wax on wax off!!! but mostly on...lol. Day two is tough, my teeth are more sore and just thinking about eating is scary!!! Yes!!!! I'm happy for you!!! I hope I reach that point soon! smiling is such a mindful act to me know. Can't hide them.

PeaceWaves001

#33 Post by PeaceWaves001 »

Lorianne wrote:
JeniK wrote:Just got back from my 2nd adjustment. Nothing too exciting. I have the same wire.... plus 2 wire ties. He told me it was to tighten up the wire on the rotated teeth. It was extremely tight when he did it. Felt like my front teeth were going to break and fall in my mouth. I thought if that happens..no need for braces!! LOL Also, up until this adjustment..they could not get the lig totally where it should be on my right front tooth. But today....it is totally out of sight! She said that tooth has rotated so she could attach it as it should be. Progress!!!
But all is well. He was happy with my progress and I go back in 6 weeks!!
wow, that's awesome! definitely progress! I also have one tooth they couldn't get the wire on and they put a wire tie there.
I can only imagine how that felt!!! Lol!!!! No braces all smooth straight dentures...lol. Progress!!! Yes!!! We are all on your side!!!

Leebie3

#34 Post by Leebie3 »

hey guys!!

I'm 37 and have had my braces on since March.. *should* be having double jaw surgery in Jan/Feb and then another 6 months of braces and I'll have THE most beautiful smile! SOOOOOOOOO excited :D

38yr old Mum to 3 (2 teens and a preppie) living in paradise with her man. BSSO surgery approx late April 2014!

PeaceWaves001

#35 Post by PeaceWaves001 »

Leebie3 wrote:hey guys!!

I'm 37 and have had my braces on since March.. *should* be having double jaw surgery in Jan/Feb and then another 6 months of braces and I'll have THE most beautiful smile! SOOOOOOOOO excited :D
Awesome! How have they been treating you so far!?

Stef

#36 Post by Stef »

PeaceWaves001 wrote:@Stef. Awesome!!! I'm excited for you!!! I just got mines on today! PreWarning.....You will need the wax! Up until a few minutes ago I felt I wouldn't need them....Boy was I wrong, The hinges for the bands have been working at the inside of my mouth all day! to avoid the pain....Use the wax.
I ordered a 12 pack of silicone wax after reading this! Thanks!

Leebie3

#37 Post by Leebie3 »

they're great.. achey every now and again and the archwire jabs me in the jaw joint about a week before I'm due for adjustment but it's all liveable :) I just think of the end result! it's ALL worth it.

In the beginning the pain/ache settled after a couple of weeks. nurofen is your best friend.

your orthos should be providing you with all the wax you could ever need?

38yr old Mum to 3 (2 teens and a preppie) living in paradise with her man. BSSO surgery approx late April 2014!

FoxPass

#38 Post by FoxPass »

Met the criteria by turning 25 last month! Had metal braces done three months ago. Extracted 7 teeth (2 premolar, 1 canine, 2 wisdom and 2 baby teeth at age 24) for this. I'm in Malaysia so maybe products here aren't quite the same as in the US. But I use:

Colgate Ortho Ultrasoft toothbrush
Colgate Ortho mouthwash
(dentist charges the company for these woohoo!)
Not too picky about toothpaste, but I use Colgate Total cos I'm OCD about brand lineups >:D
WaterPik (this seriously blew my mind when I discovered them, why isn't everyone using them??)

I also take pictures before every visit just because I'm worried of quackery (I'm not, I'm actually amazed teeth can move and spin).

PeaceWaves001

#39 Post by PeaceWaves001 »

FoxPass wrote:Met the criteria by turning 25 last month! Had metal braces done three months ago. Extracted 7 teeth (2 premolar, 1 canine, 2 wisdom and 2 baby teeth at age 24) for this. I'm in Malaysia so maybe products here aren't quite the same as in the US. But I use:

Colgate Ortho mouthwash
Not too picky about toothpaste, but I use Colgate Total cos I'm OCD about brand lineups >:D
WaterPik (this seriously blew my mind when I discovered them, why isn't everyone using them??)

I also take pictures before every visit just because I'm worried of quackery (I'm not, I'm actually amazed teeth can move and spin).
!!!!! So many teeth!!! Not all on the same day I hope!? Lol, a little OCD goes a long way sometimes! lol I've been taking pictures too! Very important to clock procgress!!!

Anna5

#40 Post by Anna5 »

Good luck with your treatment, Peacewaves!
I am looking forward to seeing your progress since we are both in the same boat (open bite). Maybe you can post a picture of your teeth? It is always so great to see before pictures and then all the progress!!

FoxPass

#41 Post by FoxPass »

[quote="PeaceWaves001"][quote="FoxPass"]Met the criteria by turning 25 last month! Had metal braces done three months ago. Extracted 7 teeth (2 premolar, 1 canine, 2 wisdom and 2 baby teeth at age 24) for this. I'm in Malaysia so maybe products here aren't quite the same as in the US. But I use:

Colgate Ortho mouthwash

I also take pictures before every visit just because I'm worried of quackery (I'm not, I'm actually amazed teeth can move and spin).[/quote]

!!!!! So many teeth!!! Not all on the same day I hope!? Lol, a little OCD goes a long way sometimes! lol I've been taking pictures too! Very important to clock procgress!!![/quote]

Childhood fear of dentists. The first wisdom tooth I took out... well it was the longest drive to the clinic. I delayed the surgery so I could take a dump so I won't sh*t my pants on the chair if it hurt. Went to the most expensive dentist I could find just so I'll be given the nicest care. They gave steroids, painkillers, juice :D and glucose before the surgery. Guy's hands were dancing as they stitched me up.

Henrietta

#42 Post by Henrietta »

33 here:-) Two weeks on braces... Loving it.

Shaushy

#43 Post by Shaushy »

I'm 36 and on day two of braces. Right now I'm in awe of how quickly my teeth have shifted. Yesterday all of my teeth were able to touch and today, only two teeth touch when I bite down. It sure makes eating difficult.

I haven't used wax yet, but I I'm going to give it a try. I 'm a teacher so I talk all day, which makes everything worse.

samoorelaw

#44 Post by samoorelaw »

Hello -

I'm 32 and have almost had my braces for 11 months. Will be getting upper jaw surgery in January or February, approximately.
Braces removed for 3rd and final time July 14, 2016!!!!

Permanent 8 crowns front 8 teeth (upper) January 30, 2015

Braces removed again December 3, 2014!!

Partial braces re-installation September 25, 2014

Braces removed September 4, 2014!

nauna28

#45 Post by nauna28 »

Hey all!

I'm 25, and will be getting my braces December or January. I have to wait until I can get some dental work that needs to be done first. I can't wait!

I'll be feeling traditional metal!
nauna28 <3

First Orthodontic Consult 18/09/13
Second Orthodontic Consult #2 02/10/13