Undoing Extractions - My progress so far, with pics!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dmh81

Re: Undoing Extractions - My progress so far, with pics!

#31 Post by Dmh81 »

Hi Angryhead, your post is so inspiring! I would love to see a picture of the final outcome? Are you pleased? Would you recommend the treatment to others? I too was a victim of botched orthodontics with one upper premolar extraction in my teens. My smile was altered drastically to a crooked smile with a dead canine. All my teeth look as though they are slanted towards extraction site. It was a huge mistake letting the ortho extract as I only needed about 2mm of space for an impacted canine. But at 16 you just trust the professionals blindly. I'm now 34 so it was a long time ago - but I still hate my smile.
Thanks for your posts. Your smile looks great in your recent pics :-)

dajuanparks

#32 Post by dajuanparks »

Where did you go to undo the extractions??????

captainTom

#33 Post by captainTom »

Incredible results. I hope you post an update to share what your smile now looks like.

mouthboy

#34 Post by mouthboy »

Hey! I hope the whole process went well for you. Were you pleased with the result? I'm in a similar position, and going to try again to find an orthodontist that will reopen extraction spaces. Everyone told me a combo of braces and jaw surgery was the only way. Was the whole process very costly because it's uncommon?

riverside

#35 Post by riverside »

Hello angryhead, your teeth look so good now.
How long did it take to reopen the gaps with braces? And do you have a before and after of your profile? I really want to see that as well!
Thank you so much in advance.
Xoxo

Sdm52980

#36 Post by Sdm52980 »

Angryhead, do you happen to still check this forum? I'm going through what you did and have lots of questions!!!!

audax719

#37 Post by audax719 »

angryhead, you must be done with your treatment, how's the stability of your bite and teeth now?

Woohoo068

#38 Post by Woohoo068 »

Anyone in the uk found an orthodontist who can do this or is In the process of having extractions reverses ....

I have consulted with Andre Ledger has anyone seen him?

I'm keen to meet any couple who may be able to do this?

Pips

#39 Post by Pips »

Any updates on this??!

Kirti

#40 Post by Kirti »

angryhead can you tell me about the orthodontist who treated you and his address. I really want to have my extraction spaces reopened and your reply will really help. Please help me.

roopikb

#41 Post by roopikb »

Hi angryhead, please update us! I am going through this currently and am terrified it won't work.

Assunta

#42 Post by Assunta »

Hi angryhead,

I'm also considering reopening the space where my 2nd bicuspids were extracted.

I have a few questions for you:
are you getting implants on both the bottom and top?
what was the process of expanding like for you? were you in a lot of pain?
did you have to remove your wisdom teeth?

If possible, I would like to speak more extensively to you about your experience, because I think my case is very similar to yours. I would really appreciate it if you could email me at assuntacanzona47@yahoo.com

bubba3000

#43 Post by bubba3000 »

Please tell us the name of your orthodontist who did the reverse extraction braces, I am desperate to reverse this damage, please give us the orthodontist information so that we can contact him also

Antiextraction

#44 Post by Antiextraction »

[quote=angryhead post_id=437824 time=1381778160 user_id=17404]
Hi guys! So years and years ago I had bicuspid extractions when I really shouldn't have. It messed with my whole face and I was really sad about it. Here is a before and after of my braces back then to give you an idea:

Before
[img]http://i.imgur.com/bbZid.jpg[/img]

After
[img]http://i.imgur.com/mxIce.jpg[/img]

At least for me, I see a huge difference. My jaw isn't as defined, my gum line is asymmetrical (my bastard otho somehow gave me a maxillary cant), my profile became dished in, my face thinner, and my chin more pronounced. I hated the result. I finally saved up the money to get braces again at the age of 24, and here is the progress so far!!! Sorry for the terrible photos, I used my webcam since I no longer have a phone w/ a camera >_<

Current
[img]http://imgur.com/KurQnw8.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/yt6RznW.jpg[/img]

Firstly, sorry for the gross faded lipstick, haha. But yeah, the space where my bicuspid teeth were extracted has been reopened (just on the top - not the bottom - but it's fine because it will only create about 1 or 2mm of an overjet, which I don't mind), and I already see my old smile coming back!! It's a bit uneven at the moment because one space has opened up more than the other, but regardless, I'm so pleased. I have lip support again (if you refer to my previous pic you can see how my upper lip is so thin) my face is filling out, the asymmetry is fading, and my teeth aren't tilting in like a gerbil anymore (I prefer teeth that are a bit titled out, but that's just my personal preference). And this is the improvement I've found without them even being fully opened yet (I'm only at 4mm in one space, and around 2.5/3 mm in the other!)

I just wanted to give hope out there to anyone who is looking to undo extractions. Granted it's been hard, and with my current ortho it took a lot of cajoling (I'm pretty sure he secretly hates me as he's pretty conventional in his methodologies - I should have shopped around more, but I'm in the UK so choices are limted) but I'm so happy I've gone through the hassle. I hope it stays on course and I'll be sure to keep you all posted. Let me know what you think, and if you have any questions!
[/quote]

Hi are you still active on this as I have many questions I would like to ask you !

lilycharlotte

#45 Post by lilycharlotte »

Hello!
Where in the UK DID YOU GET THIS DONE?
And what are the costs?

I see that this post is a few years old! But I hope people still read this.
I had two teeth extracted from one side of my mouth and then orthodontic treatment! So the same problems as you aesthetically. But also my tongue doesn't fit right in my mouth and my bite does not feel right.
My teeth have shifted to one side and are not symmetrical as well.

WHERE IN THE UK DID YOU GET THIS DONE?
Are there any places around london?

any info would be really helpful!!